Larkana is located in the North-West of Sindh
|• Quaid-e-Awam||Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto (PPP)|
|• Total||7,423 km2 (2,866 sq mi)|
|• Density||210/km2 (530/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PKT)|
|Number of Tehsils||04|
Larkana District (Sindhi: ضلعو لاڙڪاڻو; Urdu: ضلع لاڑکانہ) is a district of Sindh province of Pakistan . Its main city is Larkana. It is home district of two former Prime Ministers of Pakistan, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Benazir Bhutto and also the district of former Chief Minister of Sindh, Mumtaz Ali Bhutto. Actress Sohai Ali Abro and also Folk Singer Abida Parveen belongs to Larkana. The Larkana Bulls cricket team stablished in 2013
Other towns of the district include Ratodero, Dokri, Bakrani and Naodero. In 2005, the Government of Pakistan under Pervez Musharraf bifurcated the district, forming a new district called Qamber and Shahdadkot, with two towns of Qambar Khan and Shahdadkot.
Larkana's guava and berries are famous both nationally and internationally, the annual output of the district stands at thousands of tons. All the villages of Larkana on the right bank of River Indus have vast guava orchids spread over thousands of acres, located in Dodai, Mahotta, Naudero, Chooharpur, Agani, Metla, Izzat Ji Wandh, Phulpota and other villages.
Cadet College Larkana, was inaugurated by the former Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto in 1994, first planned by her late father Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto in 1975. The College is located 24 kilometres (15 mi) away from Larkana, and some 3 kilometres from Moen-jo-Daro. Now there are colleges universities
- Govt. Degree College Larkana
- Shaheed Zufiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology Larkana
- Govt. College of Technology Larkana
- Sindh Science College Larkana
- Global Science College Larkana
- Govt. Chandka Medical College Larkana
- QUEST Larkana
- Allama Open University Larkana
Moenjodaro Airport is located near Mohen-jo-daro, 28 km away to the south of the city of Larkana, about 5 kilometres away from Dokri. The main users of the airport are Pakistan International Airlines, the country's national flag-carrier. The outdated infrastructure of the airport prevents the use of large, advanced aircraft, with the PIA largely using Fokker aeroplanes for flights.
Larkana Cricket Stadium alternatively called as Shaheed Mohtarama Benazir Bhutto International Cricket Stadium was built by Pakistan Cricket Board in Garhi Khuda Bakhsh near the tomb of Benazir Bhutto.
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto
- Benazir Bhutto
- Cadet College Larkana www.ccl.edu.pk
- ZA Bhutto Agricultural College
- Abida Parveen
- Sohai Ali Abro
- Larkana Bulls
- "DISTRICT WISE CENSUS RESULTS CENSUS 2017" (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-08-29.
- "District Larkana Online! [ApnaLarkana.com] - First Official & Commercial website on District Larkana... Complete guide to Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan. Larkana, Chandka, Moen jo daro, benazir Bhutto, Zulfiqar Bhutto, garhi khuda baksh, murtaza bhutto, bhutto,". apnalarkana.com. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "LARKANA SUGAR MILLS (PVT) LTD". enic.pk. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- the Newspaper. "Berries and guava of Larkana". dawn.com. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- Web Desk (15 January 2015). "Chilly weather badly affects guava orchid crop". Pakistan Times. Archived from the original on 8 October 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- Official, CCL. "Cadet College Larkana". Archived from the original on 28 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- PCO 1999, pp. 123–24.
- Larkana. "Larkana Stadium". Dawn. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- "Shaheed Mohtarama Benazir Bhutto International Cricket Stadium - Pakistan - Cricket Grounds - ESPN Cricinfo". Cricinfo. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- 1998 District census report of Larkana. Census publication. 30. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 1999.