|Town of Larkspur, Colorado|
|Home Rule Municipality|
Entering from the north.
Location in Douglas County and the state of Colorado
|State||State of Colorado|
|• Type||Home Rule Municipality|
|• Total||1.3 sq mi (3.5 km2)|
|• Land||1.3 sq mi (3.5 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||6,726 ft (2,050 m)|
|• Density||180/sq mi (66.9/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|Area code(s)||Both 303 and 720|
|GNIS feature ID||0193176|
|Website||Town of Larkspur|
The Town of Larkspur is a Home Rule Municipality in Douglas County, Colorado, United States. The town population was 183 at the 2010 United States Census. Each year on weekends in June and July, the Colorado Renaissance Festival is held in the hills just west of the town. The town is served by Larkspur Elementary School, a K-6 school in the Douglas County school district.
Larkspur is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 234 people, 92 households, and 59 families residing in the town. The population density was 173.5 per square mile (66.9/km²). There were 94 housing units at an average density of 69.7 per square mile (26.9/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 97.86% White, 0.85% Native American, and 1.28% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.71% of the population.
There were 92 households out of which 34.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.4% were married couples living together, 9.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.8% were non-families. 28.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.54 and the average family size was 3.18.
In the town the population was spread out with 27.4% under the age of 18, 5.1% from 18 to 24, 30.3% from 25 to 44, 29.5% from 45 to 64, and 7.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 98.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $43,750, and the median income for a family was $55,625. Males had a median income of $36,528 versus $29,583 for females. The per capita income for the town was $18,150. About 6.4% of families and 8.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.8% of those under the age of eighteen and 17.6% of those sixty five or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Larkspur Elementary School website
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Town of Larkspur
- CDOT map of the Town of Larkspur
- "Colorado Renaissance Festival a magically joyful 16th century village ~". coloradorenaissance.com. Retrieved 2014-02-13.