Larry A. Wasserman
Larry Alan Wasserman
|Alma mater||University of Toronto (Ph.D, 1988)|
|Awards||American Statistical Association Fellow (1996) |
COPSS Presidents' Award (1999)
CRM-SSC Prize (2002)
Institute of Mathematical Statistics Fellow (2004)
DeGroot Prize (2005) 
American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellow (2010)
NAS Member (2016)
|Institutions||Carnegie Mellon University|
Wasserman received his PhD from the University of Toronto in 1988.
He was elected a fellow of the American Statistical Association in 1996, of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics in 2004, and of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 2011. He was elected to National Academy of Sciences in May, 2016.
Wasserman has written many research papers about nonparametric inference, asymptotic theory, causality, and applications of statistics to astrophysics, bioinformatics, and genetics. He has also written two advanced statistics textbooks, All of Statistics and All of Nonparametric Statistics.
- 2004. All of Statistics: A Concise Course in Statistical Inference. Springer-Verlag, New York. ISBN 978-0387402727
- won DeGroot Prize 2005.
- 2006. All of Nonparametric Statistics. Springer. ISBN 978-0-387-25145-5
- 2013. Topological Inference. Reitz Lecture 2013.
Honors and awards
- 2016, Member of National Academy of Sciences
- Wasserman was elected to National Academy of Sciences in recognition of his distinguished and continuing achievement in original research.
- "ASA Fellows," American Statistical Association, accessed August 14, 2011, http://www.amstat.org/careers/fellowslist.cfm.
- "Committee of Presidents of Statistical Societies: Presidents' Award: Past Award Recipients," National Institute of Statistical Sciences, accessed August 14, 2011, http://nisla05.niss.org/copss/PastAwardsPresidents.pdf Archived 2015-07-01 at the Wayback Machine.
- "The 2002 CRM-SSC Prize is awarded to Larry Wasserman,"Centre de recherches mathématiques, accessed August 14, 2011, http://www.crm.umontreal.ca/prix/prixCRM-SSC/2002_CRM-SSC_an.html.
- "IMS Fellows," Institute of Mathematical Statistics, accessed August 14, 2011, http://www.imstat.org/awards/honored_fellows.htm
- Wasserman, Larry (2005). "Winners of the DeGroot Prize (2005)". http://bayesian.org. International Society for Bayesian Analysis. Archived from the original on 2001-02-19. Retrieved 16 December 2014. External link in
- AAAS.org staff report, Larry (2012). "AAAS Members Elected as Fellows (2010)". aaas.org. AAAS. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- Wasserman, Larry. All of Statistics: A Concise Course in Statistical Inference. New York: Springer, 2004. ISBN 978-0-387-40272-7
- Wasserman, Larry. All of Nonparametric Statistics. New York: Springer, 2006. ISBN 978-0-387-25145-5
- Larry Wasserman Elected To National Academy of Sciences
- Wasserman, Larry (2012). "A World Without Referees" (PDF). Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- Wasserman, Larry. "Rise of the Machines" (PDF). stat.cmu. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
|This Canadian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|