Larry Beasley, CM (born 12 May 1948) was recently Co-Director of Planning for the City Of Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada. He is largely credited with the transformation of its downtown core along New Urbanism lines, known as Vancouverism or "The Vancouver Model".
In 2004, he was made a Member of the Order of Canada in recognition for having "played a leading role in transforming" Vancouver's "downtown core into a vibrant, livable urban community". Since retiring from public service, Beasley has been engaged in community initiatives, including the Institute for Canadian Citizenship, an organization created by former Governor General Adrienne Clarkson following her term of office.
In September 2009 Larry Beasley was invited to Rotterdam as a guest urban critic by the Van der Leeuwkring, a group of Rotterdam-based project developers aiming to make public life benefit from their private investments. Beasley is currently doing advising work for the Abu Dhabi government.
- Order of Canada citation
- George-Cosh, David (April 13, 2008). "The man who built Vancouver has a grand plan for Abu Dhabi". The Province. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
- Larry Beasley at The Canadian Encyclopedia
- Faculty page at the University of British Columbia
-  at Institute for Canadian Citizenship
- Larry Beasley at the Van der Leeuwkring
|This biography of a person who has held a non-elected position in the Government of Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|