Larry Dean Benson (1929–2015) was a professor of medieval literature at Harvard University. After an undergraduate degree at Arizona State University and a Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkeley, he taught at Harvard for 45 years, retiring in 1998. A scholar of Old and Middle English literature, he is best known as the general editor of the Riverside Chaucer, the authoritative modern edition of the complete works of Geoffrey Chaucer.
- Miller, Michael (September 29, 1982). "Unusual Promotion Granted in English". The Harvard Crimson. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "Larry Dean Benson, 86". Harvard Gazette. 2016-10-05. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- "LARRY DEAN BENSON's Obituary on Boston Globe". Boston Globe. 19 February 2015. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Watson, Nicholas; Simpson, James; Donoghue, Daniel. "In Memoriam: Larry Benson (1929-2015)" (PDF). New Chaucer Society Newsletter. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- The Geoffrey Chaucer Website at Harvard, made by Larry Benson