|No. 84 New York Giants|
|Date of birth:||November 1, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Ozark, Alabama|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||265 lb (120 kg)|
|High school:||Ozark (AL) Carroll|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 6, 2015|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Larry Donnell (born November 1, 1988) is an American football tight end for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Grambling State. He was signed by the Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2012. He was on the Giants practice squad during the 2012 season and played primarily special teams during the 2013 season. He became the starting Giants tight end during the 2014 season.
Donnell played football for four seasons at Grambling State University. He switched from quarterback to tight end during his freshman year. He finished his college career with 38 receptions for 432 yards and 11 touchdowns.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6 in||268 lb||4.91 s||1.78 s||2.82 s||4.59 s||7.41 s||34.5 in||9 ft 8 in|
|All values from Grambling State Pro Day|
New York Giants
Donnell, who was not drafted during the 2011 NFL Draft, sat out the 2011 season. He signed with the Giants as an undrafted free agent on March 13, 2012. He was waived by the Giants on August 31, 2012 and signed to the Giants practice squad on September 1, 2012.
He was signed to a reserve/future contract by the Giants on September 2, 2013. He played on special teams for the entire regular season and started one game as a tight end. He finished the season with 3 receptions for 31 yards.
On September 25, 2014, in a nationally televised game on Thursday Night Football, Donnell scored 3 touchdowns on 7 receptions for 54 yards. It was the first time a Giants tight end had scored three touchdowns since 1962.
On March 4, 2015, the Giants tendered Donnell, which yielded him the three-year veteran minimum salary of $585,000 over one-year. The next day, Donnell was aboard Delta Air Lines Flight 1086 when it crashed upon landing. Donnell was not among the injured or hospitalized passengers, and posted pictures and video he took of the incident to his Instagram account.
- "Giants Add Tight End, Offensive Tackle". SNY Giants. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Larry Donnell, New York Giants". Giants.com. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- Mark Inabinett. "NFL kicks off Week 4 with Giants tight end Larry Donnell on the rise". AL.com. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- Dane Brugler. "The unlikely NFL journey of Giants tight end Larry Donnell". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- http://www.gsutigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1062. Retrieved 2014-10-01. Missing or empty
- "Football - NCAA - Player Stats - Larry Donnell - Grambling State Tigers - washingtonpost.com". Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Larry Donnell - Grambling State, TE : 2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Larry Donnell". ESPN.com. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- "Eli Manning (5 TDs), Larry Donnell (3) star as Giants rout Redskins". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- "Giants TE Larry Donnell Walks Away Unharmed After Botched Plane Landing". Bleacher Report. 5 March 2015. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • CBS Sports • Yahoo! Sports • Pro-Football-Reference • Rotoworld
- Larry Donnell on Twitter
- New York Giants bio