Larry Holmes (activist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Larry Holmes is the highest official of the Workers World Party, holding the position of first secretary, and a member of the party Secretariat. He founded the Millions for Mumia movement, which seeks the release of Mumia Abu-Jamal, and co-founded the anti-war movement International ANSWER. He is a strong supporter of immigrants rights, and black and brown unity.
He twice ran for President of the United States on the Workers World Party (WWP) ticket, in 1984 and 1988. He was the vice presidential candidate of the WWP in 1992. In September of 2010, Holmes was among the individuals and members of the organizations who attended the conference of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad during his visit in New York. The leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran was in New York to attend the annual UN General Assembly.
- "Larry Holmes featured at Black History Month forum". Workers World. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "U.S. activists meet with Iranian president". www.workers.org.
- "Larry Holmes, 1st Secretary, Workers World Party". YouTube video.
- "Reviving the Global Class Struggle - Larry Holmes". YouTube.
- "Larry Holmes, WWP First Secretary, on Ideological Struggle", YouTube.
|Party political offices|
| Workers World Party Presidential candidate
1984 (lost), 1988 (lost)
| Workers World Party Vice Presidential candidate
|This American politician–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|