Larry J. Hornbeck (born September 17, 1943) is an American engineer who took part in the realization of the DLP CINEMA technology while working at Texas Instruments (TI).
Life and career
Larry Hornbeck received a Ph.D. in physics from Case Western Reserve University in 1974. He joined TI in 1973 and he began work on optical microelectromechanical systems in 1977.
Larry Hornbeck had manufactured and demonstrated the first DMD in 1987.
Awards and honors
- Philippe Binant, "Au cœur de la projection numérique", Actions, Kodak, Paris, Vol. 29, pp. 12-13 (2007).
- Larry Hornbeck, "Digital Light Processing and MEMS : an overview", Texas Instruments, Dallas, Texas.
- ^ Texas Instruments : DLP History.
- ^ Massachusetts Institute of Technology : Larry Hornbeck.
- ^ American Institute of Physics : Larry Hornbeck.