Jump to navigation Jump to search
Larry J. Hornbeck (born September 17, 1943) is an American physicist and inventor of the digital micromirror device (DMD). He took part in the realization of the DLP CINEMA technology while working at Texas Instruments (TI).
Life and career
Awards and honors
- Prize for Industrial Applications of Physics (2014-2015)
- Progress Medal from the Royal Photographic Society (2009)
- Elected member of the National Academy of Engineering (2009)
- Academy Award® for his contribution to revolutionizing how motion pictures are created, distributed and viewed (2015)
- Philippe Binant, "Au cœur de la projection numérique", Actions, Kodak, Paris, Vol. 29, pp. 12-13 (2007).
- Larry Hornbeck, "Digital Light Processing and MEMS : an overview", Texas Instruments, Dallas, Texas.