Lawrence W. "Larry" Kellner (born 1959) is the former CEO of Continental Airlines, having succeeded Gordon Bethune as CEO in December 2004. Prior to his arrival at Continental, he served as the chief financial officer of American Savings Bank. Kellner retired as the airline's chief executive at the end of December 2009. During his career at Continental, he previously served as a vice president, chief financial officer and chief operations officer.
Currently, Larry is the President of Emerald Creek Group, LLC - a Houston-based private equity firm primarily focused on real estate in both Texas and California.
Kellner is the 2008 recipient of the Tony Jannus Award for distinguished achievement in commercial air transportation. In July 2009, Continental announced Kellner's retirement as its CEO at the end of the year.
Kellner is the prior vice chairman of the Greater Houston Partnership, and that organization's current chairman. Kellner was elected to Boeing's board of directors in 2011 and Jim McNerney stated "Larry brings to our board significant industry experience spanning strategy, operations and finance". He is a trustee of Rice University.
Kellner is on the board of Boeing and is a member of the National Executive Board of the Boy Scouts of America, the organization's governing body.
- "Officer Biographies - Larry Kellner". Continental Airlines. 2007. Archived from the original on March 15, 2007. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- ""Work together, win together" Larry Kellner tells students". Darla Moore School of Business - University of South Carolina. Archived from the original on December 16, 2008. Retrieved June 22, 2007.
- "Notable alumni". University of South Carolina. Retrieved June 22, 2007.
- Jackovics, Ted (March 28, 2008). "Continental Airlines Chairman To Receive Prestigious Jannus Award". The Tampa Tribune. Retrieved January 28, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- Koenig, David (July 17, 2009). "Continental CEO Kellner stepping down". Associated Press. Retrieved July 17, 2009.[dead link]
- Sixel, L.M. (January 12, 2011). "Partnership's chairman spells out his priorities". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- Mutzabaugh, Ben (October 7, 2011). "Boeing elects ex-Continental CEO to board". USA Today.
- "Boeing Board Elects Former Continental CEO Kellner as New Director". Boeing.mediaroom.com. October 4, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- "Boy Scouts of America Annual Report 2011" (PDF).
|CEO of Continental Airlines
2004 – 2009
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|