||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
January 28, 1951 |
Rockford, Illinois, United States
|Alma mater||University of Illinois|
|Practice||Vx3 Architects.Strategists.Urban Designers|
Larry Oltmanns (born 1951, Rockford, Illinois, United States) is an American architect. He has achieved recognition for his work as an architect and master planner of large-scale mixed-use developments worldwide. Oltmanns is Design Director and CEO of Vx3 Architects.Strategists.Urban Designers.
Oltmanns graduated from the University of Illinois in 1973 with a BA in Architecture.
Oltmanns spent more than 30 years with Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM), initially in their Chicago office and later as Design Partner of SOM London. He led the design teams responsible for many landmarks including Rondo 1 in Warsaw, 10 Exchange Square at Broadgate in London, the Convention and Exhibition Centre (COEX) at the Korea World Trade Centre and the multi award-winning Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. His competition-winning design for the new extension to the Melbourne Convention Centre was awarded a 6 Star Green Star environmental rating by the Green Building Council of Australia, the first in the world for a convention centre.
In 2004, following a round of redundancies and management problems with their NATO Headquarters project, Oltmanns chose to leave SOM.
Oltmanns founded Vx3 in April 2007. One of his firm’s first projects was the master plan for the $2 billion redevelopment of Euston Station in London. Current projects include three mixed-use developments in central London of over 3,000,000 square feet (280,000 m2), plus large-scale residential and commercial projects in Moscow, Warsaw, Calgary, and Dublin.
Oltmanns served on London’s International Convention Centre Commission in 2004/5. He is a long-standing member of the International Congress & Convention Association (ICCA).
- Chicago Place at 700 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago
- Adelaide Convention Centre, South Australia
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
- National Trade Centre at Exhibition Place, Toronto
- NATO Headquarters, Brussels
- Rondo 1, Warsaw
- Lopez Centre, Manilla as CEO and Design Director of Vx3 Architects.Strategists.Urban Designers
- Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Hong Kong
- COEX Convention & Exhibition Center, Seoul, Korea
- Dublin Airport, Terminal 1 Pier D, Dublin
- Dallas Convention Center, Dallas
- 10 Exchange Square, London
- "About Larry Oltmanns-Vx3 Website". Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Architects Journal-3 April, 2003". Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre". Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- George Hay (2004). "Architect Quits Over Troubled NATO Project". Retrieved 7 October 2014. (Registration required (. ))
- "River banking on a new Torrens icon". Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Partnerships in Victoria". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "CNN-NATO headquarters get makeover". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "Budynek biurowy Rondo 1". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "10 best exhibition centres". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "UIA 2017 World Congress of Architecture". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "http://www.building.co.uk/news/finance/som-makes-london-its-european-headquarters/1017919.article". Retrieved 29 November 2012. External link in
- "Washington Times-Dallas Convention Center". Retrieved 29 November 2012.