Owens with the Wizards
|No. 15 – Nishinomiya Storks|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
January 8, 1983 |
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school||Westwood (Mesa, Arizona)|
|NBA draft||2006 / Undrafted|
|2011||San Antonio Spurs|
|2012||New Jersey Nets|
|2012–2013||JDA Dijon Basket|
|2014||Halcones Rojos Veracruz|
|Career highlights and awards|
Larry Owens (born January 8, 1983) is an American professional basketball player for Nishinomiya Storks of the Japanese B.League. He played college basketball for Yavapai College and Oral Roberts University.
- 1 College career
- 2 Professional career
- 3 NBA career statistics
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Yavapai College (2001–2003)
Following his sophomore season, he transferred to Oral Roberts University.
Oral Roberts (2004–2006)
After sitting out the 2003–04 season due to NCAA transfer rules, Owens joined the Golden Eagles for his redshirted junior season in 2004–05. He was named in the Mid-Con All-Newcomer team after outstanding first season. In 33 games, he averaged 9.2 points, 7.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.0 blocks per game.
In his senior season, he was named in the 2006 All-MCC first team as well as being named the 2006 All-MCC Defensive Player of the Year. In 33 games, he averaged 12.5 points, 7.9 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.5 steals and 1.2 blocks per game.
Owens went undrafted in the 2006 NBA draft. He was later drafted by the Mississippi Hardhats of the World Basketball Association (WBA). He left the Hardhats after pre-season. He then moved to Stade Clermontois BA of France for the 2006–07 season.
Owens joined the Miami Heat for the 2007 NBA Summer League. Later that year, he signed with Liège Basket of Belgium for the 2007–08 season.
Owens joined the New Orleans Hornets for the 2008 NBA Summer League. Later that year, he re-signed with Liège Basket for the 2008–09 season.
Owens re-joined the New Orleans Hornets for the 2009 NBA Summer League. On September 28, 2009, he signed with the Hornets. However, he was later waived by the Hornets on October 21, 2009. On November 1, 2009, he was acquired by the Tulsa 66ers.
Owens joined the NBA D-League Select team for the 2010 NBA Summer League. He later signed with Türk Telekom B.K. of Turkey but left before the playing in a game for them. On October 30, 2010, he was re-acquired by the Tulsa 66ers.
On January 16, 2011, he signed with the San Antonio Spurs on a 10-day contract. He made his NBA debut on that same day against the Denver Nuggets, picking up an assist and a rebound in two minutes of playing time. On January 26, 2011, Owens signed a second 10-day contract with the Spurs. After his second 10-day contract expired, he re-joined the Tulsa 66ers.
Owens joined the Boston Celtics for the 2012 NBA Summer League. In August 2012, he joined BCM Gravelines of France but left after pre-season. In September 2012, he had a try-out with Budivelnyk Kyiv of the Ukraine but was not signed. In November 2012, he signed with JDA Dijon Basket France for the 2012–13 season.
On August 27, 2014, Owens signed with Halcones Rojos Veracruz of Mexico for the 2014–15 LNBP season. In November 2014, he left the team after appearing in 13 games. On January 3, 2015, he was reacquired by the Iowa Energy.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Larry Owens Biography
- Larry Owens Player Profile – RealGM
- "Spurs Sign Larry Owens to 10-day Contract". NBA.com. January 16, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2011.
- "Carmelo Anthony struggles as Spurs knock around Nuggets". ESPN.com. January 16, 2011. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- "Spurs Sign Larry Owens To Second 10-Day Contract". NBA.com. January 26, 2011. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- "Larry Owens Rejoins Tulsa 66ers". outsportscentral.com. February 5, 2011. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- WIZARDS WAIVE OWENS & WILKS
- NETS Sign Larry Owens
- NETS Sign Keith Bogans
- "JDA Dijon signs Larry Owens". Sportando.net. November 13, 2012. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- 66ers Acquire No. 1 Overall Pick and Ben Uzoh Archived December 4, 2013, on Wayback Machine.
- ENERGY TRADE FOR LARRY OWENS
- Club Halcones Rojos Veracruz firma a Larry Owens Archived December 16, 2014, on Wayback Machine. (Spanish)
- Iowa Energy Acquire Larry Owens
- "Kyoto Hannaryz tabs Larry Owens". Asia-Basket.com. August 12, 2015. Retrieved September 4, 2015.