Larry Powell (Kansas politician)
|Member of the Kansas Senate
from the 39th district
|Preceded by||Stephen Morris|
|Member of the Kansas House of Representatives
from the 117th district
|Succeeded by||John Ewy|
September 17, 1939 |
|Residence||Garden City, Kansas|
|Alma mater||Garden City Community College
Kansas State University
Larry Powell is a Republican member of the Kansas Senate, who has represented the 39th district since 2013. He is a fourth generation Kansan, from Kalvesta, Kansas, and was a member of the Kansas House of Representatives representing the 117th district, from 2001-2012. Powell's identifies as anti-abortion and is an advocate of the Second Amendment. He is a supporter of local schools, family farms, and opposes tax increases.
Senator Powell serves on the following legislative committees:
- 2015 Special Committee on Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Agriculture (Chair)
- Assessment and Taxation
- Clean Power Plan Implementation Study Committee
- Joint Committee on State Building Construction
- Natural Resources (Chair)
- Ways and Means
The top 5 donors to Powell's 2008 campaign:
- 1. Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation $750
- 2. Kansas Realtors Association $500
- 3. Kansas Chamber of Commerce $500
- 4. Koch Industries $500
- 5. Kansas Medical Society $500
- "Senator Larry Powell". Kansas Legislature, 2015-2016 Legislative Sessions. Kansas Legislative Information System and Services. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "Conservative Leader". Larry Powell for Senate. Powell for Senate. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "Representative Larry Powell". Kansas Legislature, 2011-2012 Legislative Sessions. Kansas Legislative Information System and Services. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "Meet Larry". Larry Powell for Senate. Powell for Senate. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions