Larry Ritchie was a jazz drummer and record/CD producer. He was born in Brooklyn, New York as Lawrence Ritchie to Walter Ritchie, an electrician, and Pearl Ritchie, a domestic worker, both of whom were migrants from rural Virginia.
Ritchie was also a talented painter and by the mid-1960s, he devoted more of his time to painting than to music.
With John Coltrane
- Like Sonny (Capitol, 1958–60)
With Ray Draper
- The Ray Draper Quintet featuring John Coltrane (Prestige, 1957)
- A Tuba Jazz (Jubilee, 1958)
With Jackie McLean
With Freddie Redd
- The Connection (Blue Note, 1960)
- May, Chris (2009-10-16). "More extended analysis: John Coltrane: Side Steps". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-10-16.
- Becton, Eddie (2005-12-02). "CD/LP/Review: The Music from The Connection". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-10-16.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 285. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
|This article about a jazz drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|