|Born||Lawrence Gilbert Ryckman
August 28, 1959
President and CEO of Studio One Entertainment
Lawrence G. Ryckman (born August 28, 1959, Toronto) is a music industry businessman known for his knowledge of audio production and mastering and the development of patented audio and video technologies used in the music and entertainment industries. He is President and CEO of AfterMaster Audio Labs and Recording Studios in Hollywood, California, part of Scottsdale, Arizona-based Studio One Media Inc. In November 2014, recording artist Justin Timberlake joined Ryckman as a co-owner of AfterMaster.
Early life and education
in 1982, Ryckman served as Vice President, Development, of the film and TV production company American Artists, Inc. He became President and CEO in 1984 and produced several feature films including The Virgin Queen of St. Francis High, 
In 1986, Ryckman co-founded Archer Communications, Inc./QSound, Ltd., an audio technology company which developed proprietary audio technologies for the music, film, TV, computer and video game industries. At the time, he was the youngest CEO of a publicly traded company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and NASDAQ. QSound developed the first patented three-dimensional audio process for playback through traditional stereo. Ryckman assembled a high profile and highly publicized team of entertainment industry professionals to assist in building the company, including CAA and its co-founder and super agent Michael Ovitz, music industry veterans Jimmy Iovine (QSound VP of Music), Shelly Yakus (QSound VP of Audio Engineering), music producer Bob Ezrin, film producer, George Folsey (QSound Chairman) and Warner Bros. director Salah Hassanein. Todd-Ao/Glen Glenn Studios then the world's largest motion picture and television sound studios became a large stakeholder which led QSound to be utilized in numerous feature film productions including, Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.
In 1991, Ryckman purchased and privatized the Calgary Stampeders Football Club of the Canadian Football League (CFL). At the time the team was struggling financially and Ryckman was widely credited for saving the team. 
In 1996, the Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) alleged that Ryckman had conducted 88 illegal wash trades over a six-month period in the stock of Westgroup Corporations in 1994. The ASC held a quasi-judicial hearing at their offices and banned Ryckman from trading in Alberta for 18 years and assessed costs of approximately $375,000. The trading ban was adopted through reciprocity by Ontario and British Columbia. Ryckman denied the allegations and at the hearing asked to call evidence in his defense and that the matter be heard in a civil court, both of which were denied.
In 2004, Ryckman returned to the entertainment industry and founded MyStudio, Inc., a private company established to develop MyStudio interactive recording studios, Mystudio.net and related technologies. MyStudio was the world's first self-contained, interactive audio and video recording studio available for consumer use.   
In 2006, Ryckman and audio engineer Shelly Yakus embarked on a multimillion-dollar, multi-year development effort to create AfterMaster HD Audio through AfterMaster Audio Labs. Inc. The award-winning and proprietary (patents pending)[when?] AfterMaster hardware and software process creates an audio process and master recording with a loudness, fullness and clarity which AfterMaster claims is unachievable through traditional mastering techniques. 
On April 1, 2014, ON Semiconductor, a multibillion-dollar, multinational developer and manufacturer of semiconductors partnered with AfterMaster Audio Labs to incorporate AfterMaster Audio in semiconductor chips for use in consumer electronic products. In November 2014, singer Justin Timberlake joined AfterMaster Audio Labs as a co-owner.
Honors and awards
- Studio One Media was awarded the Technical Achievement Award at the 2010 Hollywood Music and Media Awards for its MyStudio and AfterMaster HD Audio technologies developed by Larry Ryckman and his engineering team.
- Most notable personal production accomplishment was the award winning, one-hour documentary, The Aryan Nation, which he produced and hosted. The critically acclaimed investigative news program was an exclusive and powerful expose of the Aryan Nations and the growing neo-Nazi movements in North America. Ryckman and his film crew were the first to enter and film inside the Aryan Nations Hayden Lake Idaho compound after 20/20 and 60 Minutes were denied entry. Award was given in 1985.
- citation needed] [
- Received Canada's Vanier Award for his business and community accomplishments. The Vanier Award is one of Canada’s most prestigious national awards and is presented to young Canadians under the age of 40 who have made recognized and significant achievements of national interest.
- citation needed] [
Mastering (partial list):
- Aerosmith - We All Fall Down
- Akon - One In The Chamber (Single release on 2014 GRAMMY nominated album)
- Alice Cooper - Madhouse Rock Tour
- Diddy - I Hate That You Love Me (Platinum)
- Donna Summer - To Paris With Love (Billboard #1 Dance)
- Emmy Awards - Born To Run - Jimmy Fallon
- Janet Jackson - Make Me (Billboard #1 Hot Dance Club Songs Platinum)
- Jill Scott - From The Vault
- Jordin Sparks - It Ain't You.
- Kerli - Army Of Love - (Billboard #1 Hot Dance Club Songs)
- Lady Gaga - Telephone (Multi-platinum, Billboard #1 Pop)
- Nick Cannon - White People Party Music
- Mack Wilds - Own It (Single release on 2014 GRAMMY nominated album)
- Ray J - 1 Thing Leads To Another
QSound mixing credits:
- Michael Jackson - Dangerous (multi-platinum)
- Madonna - The Immaculate Collection (multi-platinum)
- Sting - The Soul Cages (multi-platinum)
- Paula Abdul - Spellbound (multi-platinum)
- Julian Lennon - Help Yourself
Ryckman has been active with several charitable organizations including the Easter Seals, Uncles at Large, Cystic Fibrosis and Cancer Society. Ryckman currently serves on the Advisory Board of the Felix Organization whose principals include Sheila Jaffe, Darryl McDaniels and Mark Wahlberg. Ryckman was the Executive Producer of the Felix PSA video "Walk This Way" which was directed by Penny Marshall and featured Aerosmith and 25 celebrities. The Felix Organization sends hundreds of underprivileged inner-city foster kids to summer camp every year.
- "Lawrence G. Ryckman". Businessweek.com. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- ABC News. "Entertainment News, Celebrity and Pop Culture - ABC News". ABC News. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Justin Timberlake". Billboard. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- "Timberlake becomes co-owner of audio tech company". The Big Story. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Founding Pioneers of the State of California http://www.californiapioneers.org/collect.html
- TV Guide page for The Virgin Queen of St. Francis High http://movies.tvguide.com/virgin-queen-st-francis-high/cast/12644
- New York Times article about QSound technology
- Ryckman Purchase of Calgary Stampeders in 1991 http://www.historyorb.com/day/october/24?p=2
- Ryckman retires Stampeder Debt http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0001177
- Associated Press ( http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id%3D13494082%26page%3D1%29. Retrieved December 30, 2011. Missing or empty
- Phoenix Business Journal (http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/print-edition/2010/12/03/studio-one-media-to-install-recording.html)
- Variety - X Factor/Simon Cowell http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118035139?categoryid=4076&cs=1&cmpid=RSS%7CNews%7CLatestNews
- "Justin Timberlake part owner in Scottsdale audio firm". azcentral. 2 December 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Hollywood Music and Media Awards (http://www.hmmawards.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=197&Itemid=77)
- Spokane Chronicle article about The Aryan Nation (http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1345&dat=19870122&id=8qQVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=2fkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=7031,1064591)
- Vanier Award for Outstanding Young Canadian in 1993 http://www.jcicanada.com/docs/vanier%20history%20and%20listing%20%20en%20rev%2009.09.pdf
- All Music-Mastering Credits http://www.allmusic.com/artist/larry-ryckman-p2210364/credits