|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Julau, Sarawak
|Assumed office |
10 May 2018
|Preceded by||Joseph Salang Gandum|
Larry Sng Wei Shien
1979 (age 39–40)
|Political party||Parti Bansa Dayak Sarawak (2001–04) |
Parti Rakyat Sarawak (2004–12)
Sarawak Workers Party (2012–16)
People's Justice Party (2018–)
|Relations||Tan Sri Ting Pek Khiing (Father-in-law)|
|Parents||Datuk Sng Chee Hua (Father)|
Larry Sng[a] Wei Shien is a Malaysian politician. He is a member of the People's Justice Party (PKR) in the Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition. He was the former Assistant Minister in the State Government of Sarawak under the Abdul Taib Mahmud administration. He is married to the daughter of business magnate, Ting Pek Khiing.
In the 2018 general election, Sng was elected to the Parliament of Malaysia for the Julau constituency as an independent candidate. He won 10,105 of the 18,279 votes cast to defeat the four-term incumbent Joseph Salang Gandum. He joined the PKR shortly after the election.
|2001||Pelagus||Larry Sng (PBDS)||7,418||76.77%||Ling Kok Hong (IND)||1,155||11.95%||9,786||6,263||73.00%|
|Jeffery Nuing Ebom (IND)||1,011||10.46%|
|Chua Bee Hun (IND)||40||0.41%|
|Lee Hun Tak (IND)||39||0.40%|
|2006||Larry Sng (PRS)||5,965||64.61%||Jeffery Nuing Ebom (IND)||2,726||29.53%||9,401||3,239||67.64%|
|Simon Sibat (SNAP)||541||5.86%|
|2013||Lubok Antu, Sarawak||Larry Sng (SWP)||4,187||27.92%||William Nyallau Badak (PRS)||8,278||55.21%||15,166||4,091||78.57%|
|Nicholas Bawin Anggat (PKR)||2,530||16.87%|
|2018||Julau, Sarawak||Larry Sng (IND)||10,105||55.28%||Joseph Salang Gandum (PRS)||8,174||44.72%||18,569||1,931||73.16%|
- "Profile at the official portal of Parliament of Malaysia". Parliament of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 17 February 2019. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Seven Sarawak assistant ministers sworn in - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Asst minister weds tycoon's daughter - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "Federal Government Gazette: Results of Contested Election and Statements of the Poll after the Official Addition of Votes – Parliamentary Constituencies for the State of Sarawak" (PDF). Attorney General's Chambers of Malaysia. 28 May 2018. p. 21. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Sng creates an upset, beats Joseph Salang in Julau". New Straits Times. 9 May 2018. Archived from the original on 9 May 2018. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- Lim, Ida (22 December 2018). "Report: Larry Sng claims was wooed by Dr M, Azmin, and Rafizi to join Pakatan". Malay Mail. Archived from the original on 17 February 2019. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|