|Member of the Riksdag|
|Assumed office |
24 September 2018
|Member of the European Parliament|
1 July 2014 – 23 September 2018
Lars Göran Peter Adaktusson
6 August 1955
|Political party|| Swedish|
European People's Party
|Alma mater||Örebro University|
Lars Göran Peter Adaktusson (born 6 August 1955) is a Swedish politician for the Christian Democrats. He was elected Member of the Riksdag in the 2018 general election. Prior to that, he was a Member of the European Parliament (MEP).
An employee of public broadcaster Sveriges Television (SVT) for many years, Adaktusson has worked both as a reporter and a news anchor for the nightly news show Aktuellt, and has in addition also been stationed as a foreign correspondent in Vienna, Washington DC, and in Amman.
Member of the European Parliament
Adaktusson was elected as a Member of the European Parliament (MEP) in the 2014 European Parliament elections in Sweden. He has since been serving on the Committee on Foreign Affairs (AFET) and the Subcommittee on Human Rights (DROI). In addition to his committee assignments, he serves as vice-chairman of the parliament's delegation for relations with Afghanistan.
In February 2016, Adaktusson tabled a resolution recognizing the Islamic State militant group's (ISIS) systematic killing and persecution of religious minorities in the Middle East as a genocide, which the European Parliament unanimously passed.
- Adaktusson elected Member of the Riksdag 16 September 2018 (Swedish)
- "Adaktusson vann "fajten" mot Bodström" (in Swedish). Aftonbladet. 1 May 2013.
- "Lars Adaktusson vill bli KD-politiker - Nyheter - Aftonbladet". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Resumé: Lars Adaktusson till EU-parlamentet". resume.se. Archived from the original on 31 May 2014. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Adaktusson lyfte KD i EU-valet - Dagens Media". dagensmedia.se. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- Jack Moore (February 4, 2016), European Parliament Recognizes ISIS Killing of Religious Minorities as Genocide Newsweek.