Lars Feld, 2015
|Born||Lars Peter Feld
August 9, 1966
|Occupation||Director of the Walter Eucken Institut|
Lars Peter Feld (born August 9, 1966 in Saarbrücken) is director of the Walter Eucken Institut, Professor for Economic Policy at the University of Freiburg, and a member of the German Council of Economic Experts.
From 2002 until 2005 he was visiting academic at the Economic Sciences faculty at the University of Rennes 1. At the same time, from 2002 until 2006, he served as professor for Economics with specialty in finance at the University of Marburg and, since 2002, he also serves as associate professor for Economics at the University of St. Gallen.
Since 2008 he is a member of the Kronberger Kreis of the Stiftung Marktwirtschaft (Market Economy Foundation) and in this context calls for more private liability within the European bank union.
From 2006 until 2010 he held the chair for finance at the University of Heidelberg. At the same time Feld was offered a research professorship at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim which he took on in 2006. In addition to this, since 2007, he is visiting academic at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim. During this time he worked as curator for student business consulting GalileiConsult e.V. in Heidelberg.
Since September 2010 he is professor for Economic Policy and Ordinal Economics at the University of Freiburg and serves as lead executive at the Walter Eucken Institute.
Since March 2011, Feld is a member of the German Council of Economic Experts. Since 2013, he als serves on the advisory board of the Stability Council, a body devised as part of Germany’s national implementation of the European Fiscal Compact.
Feld is married and has three sons.
- Stiftung Marktwirtschaft (Market Economy Foundation)
- Mont Pelerin Society
- Walter Eucken Institut
- Kronberger Kreises
- since 2003: scientific advisory board of the Federal Ministry of Finance
- since 2008: Leopoldina
- 1996: Wicksell-Price from the European Public Choice Society
- 2001: Best Paper Prize from the International Institute of Public Finance,
- 2008: Excellence in Refereeing Award from the American Economic Review
- Burret, Heiko T.; ———; Koehler, Ekkehard A. (2014). "Panel Cointegration Tests on the Fiscal Sustainability of German Laender". CESifo Working Paper Series No. 4929. SSRN .
- ———; Ruf, Martin; Scheuering, Uwe; Schreiber, Ulrich; Voget, Johannes (2013). "Effects of Territorial and Worldwide Corporation Tax Systems on Outbound M&As" (PDF). ZEW Discussion Paper No. 13-088. Mannheim.
- Asatryan, Zareh; ——— (2014). "Revisiting the Link Between Growth and Federalism: A Bayesian Model Averaging Approach". Journal of Comparative Economics. forthcoming. doi:10.1016/j.jce.2014.04.005.
- ———; Heckemeyer, Jost Henrich (2011). "FDI and Taxation: A Meta-Study". Journal of Economic Surveys. 25 (2): 233–272. doi:10.1111/j.1467-6419.2010.00674.x.
- Academy of Sciences Leopoldina, Member (since 2008)
- Mehr Demokratie, Member of the Board of Trustees
- VDMA Impuls-Stiftung, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Ludwig Erhard Foundation, Member
- Kronberger Kreis, Member
- Econwatch, Member of the Board of Trustees (since 2012)
- RWI Essen, Member of the Scientific Advisory Board (since 2011)
- German Institute for Economic Research (DIW), Member of the Scientific Advisory Board (since 2010)
- Wirtschaftsrat der CDU, Member of the Scientific Advisory Board
- German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP), Member of the Steering Committee (-2016)
- European Public Choice Society (EPCS), President (2007-2009)
- "Prof. Dr. Lars P. Feld (Sprecher)". Stiftung Marktwirtschaft. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Kronberger Kreis fordert mehr private Haftung bei der Europäischen Bankenunion" (PDF). Stiftung Marktwirtschaft. 2014-12-09. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Prof. Dr. Lars P. Feld". Sachverstaendigenrat Wirtschaft. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Der Schuldenbremser". Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. 2011-08-29. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Prof. Dr. Lars P. Feld". Leopoldina Nationale Akademie der Wissenschaften. 2008. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- Members of the Scientific Advisory Board RWI Essen.
- Kuratorium und Mitgliederversammlung: Den Blick nach vorne richten German Institute for Economic Research, press release of November 23, 2010.
- Boards German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP).
|This article about a German academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|