||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Lars Everett Dapello|
|Born||30 August 1971|
|Origin||Campbell, California, United States|
|Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Lars Erik Frederiksen (born Lars Everett Dapello 30 August 1971) is a Danish-American musician, singer, songwriter and record producer best known as the guitarist and vocalist for the punk rock band Rancid, as well as the frontman of Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards and The Old Firm Casuals. He was also briefly a member of the UK Subs in 1991. He joined Rancid in 1993 after the band was searching for a second guitar player and was present on their second album Let's Go. He has produced albums for bands such as Agnostic Front, The Business, Dropkick Murphys, Swingin Utters, Marky Ramone and the Intruders, Anti-Heros, Patriot, The Forgotten, Harrington Saints, and Pressure Point. He recently mixed Charged GBH's new album entitled Perfume and Piss, as well as Cock Sparrer's album "Here We Stand" both alongside Michael Rosen.
Guitar and vocals.
- Radio Radio Radio (1993)
- Let's Go (1994)
- ...And Out Come the Wolves (1995)
- Life Won't Wait (1998)
- Rancid (2000)
- BYO Split Series Volume III (2002)
- Indestructible (2003)
- B Sides and C Sides (2008)
- Let the Dominoes Fall (2009)
- Honor Is All We Know (2014)
Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards
Guitar and vocals.
The Old Firm Casuals
Guitar and vocals.
- The Old Firm Casuals S/T (7") (Oi! the Boat Records 2011)
- We Want The Lions Share (7") (Randale Records 2011)
- The Last Resort / The Old Firm Casuals (Split Double 7") (Oi! the Boat Records 2011)
- Army of One (7") (Oi! the Boat Records 2011)
- Oi! This Is Streetpunk Vol. 1 (11" Various Artists Compilation) (Pirates Press Records 2011)
- Them Against Us (Split 7" w/ Insane Dogs) (Randale Records 2012)
- Hooligan Classics Vol. 1 (Split Double 7" w/ The Chosen Ones, On File, Control) (Randale Records 2012)
- Stesso Sangue (Split 7" w/ Klasse Kriminale) (Randale Records 2012)
- Oi! Rules...OK! (Split 7" w/ Evil Conduct) (Randale Records 2012)
- Red White & Blue: Which One Are You? (Split Double 7" w/ Harrington Saints, Argy Bargy, Booze & Glory) (Pirates Press Records 2012)
- Oi! Ain't Dead (Split CD/LP w/ Razorblade, The Corps, Booze & Glory) (Rebellion Records 2012)
- Born Criminal (7") (TKO Records 2012)
- Respect Your Roots Worldwide (CD Various Artists Compilation) (Strength Records 2012)
- United We Stand: The Front Lines of American Street Punk (2xLP Various Artists Compilation) (Durty Mick Records 2013)
- Hooligan Classics Vol. 2 (Split double 7" w/ Stomper 98, Iron Cross, The Gonads, and The Resort Bootboys*) (Randale Records 2013) *Resort Bootboys are The Old Firm Casuals with Roi Pierce of Last Resort on vocals
- The Old Firm Casuals/ The Headliners split EP (Split 7") (UVPR Records 2013)
- For The Love of it All... (Double LP compilation of all previous releases except 1st 7") (Oi! the Boat Records/Randale Records 2013)
- EP+1 (The band's first EP plus bonus track of Madball cover "Pride" on CD) (Rebellion Records 2013)
- Yuletide Cheers & Oi! (Split X-Mas 7" w/ Evil Conduct) (Randale Records 2013)
- Never Say Die (San Jose Earthquakes Anthem on blue 7") (2014)
- Perry Boys b/w Watford Tuxedo (7") (Oi! the Boat Records/Randale Records, 2014)
- This Means War (Debut LP) (Oi! the Boat Records/Randale Records, 2014)
- Oi! Ain't Dead Vol. 3 (Split 7" w/ Noi!se, Razorblade, Badlands) (Rebellion Records, 2014)
- A Butcher's Banquet (7 song EP) (Oi The Boat/Randale Records, 2016)
- Sheer Terror/Old Firm Casuals (Split 7" EP) (PitchforkNY Records, 2016)
Oxley's Midnight Runners
- We Are Legion "(7in)" (Oi! the Boat Records 2014)
- Invasion "(7in)" (Oi! the Boat Records 2015)
- Combat "(7in)" (Oi! the Boat Records 2015)
- Conquest "(7in)" (Oi! the Boat Records 2016)
- Oi! Ain't Dead Vol. 5 (Various Artists Compilation)" (Rebellion Records 2016)
Tim Timebomb and Friends
Guitar and vocals.
- Tim Timebomb and Friends (2012)
Frederiksen's mother is Minna Dapello. He had a brother named Robert "Rob" Dapello, a writer for Zero Magazine and a fellow musician, who died in February 2001. The song "Otherside" off Rancid's 2003 album Indestructible is dedicated to Rob's memory. He was raised in Campbell, California, a town near San Jose, California.
He married his girlfriend Megan in 1998. They divorced, and he is now married to Stephanie Snyder, who gave birth to their son, Wolfgang Erik Anders Frederiksen, on 11 September 2007. Frederiksen and his wife celebrated the birth of their second child, Soren Erik Adler Frederiksen on 27 October 2011. He is a fan of Millwall Football Club, and often has the Millwall lion on his guitar, despite not being British or a football hooligan. He is also a San Jose Earthquakes season ticket holder. In January 2014, Lars and The Old Firm Casuals wrote the new team anthem/theme song for the San Jose Earthquakes titled "Never Say Die". Lars called the team the "punkest" team in MLS.
Recently, Frederiksen had gotten involved with San Francisco's Project Homeless Connect, partnering with Tony Hawk to donate skateboards to teenagers in the family shelter.
- "It was emotional," said Frederiksen, who says he was reminded of his mother's struggles as a single parent. "But I was thinking that when people donate toys, it is always the teenagers that get left out. That's when I got Tony Hawk on the phone." 
Frederiksen has expressed his personal dislike for signing to major record labels numerous times.
- Kids come up to us all the time and say, "We're in a band and we're never going to sign to some major label. We're going to stay independent like you guys. You guys proved you don't need to sign some major label and all that bullshit [to be successful]." That's the most gratifying thing anyone can say to me or to any of us.
Frederiksen appears in several episodes of Tim Armstrong's Tim Timebomb's Rock n Roll Theater as Dante. Lars can also be seen in the documentary film, The Other F Word. Lars is a longtime fan of professional wrestling. He is friends with retired professional wrestler CM Punk, and featured in the WWE produced documentary CM Punk: Best in the World.
- True, Christopher. "Biography: Lars Frederiksen". AMG. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- Quelland, Sarah (March 1–7, 2001). "Cut Short – Insolence left fans hungry for more". Metro. Silicon Valley: Metro Publishing.
- On the Phone with Rancid's Lars Frederiksen MLS Insider, 18 November 2009
- "San Jose Earthquakes and Rancid: The Old Firm Casuals pen MLS club's new anthem". mlssoccer.com. January 23, 2014. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- Nevius, C.W. (22 December 2009). "Rancid guitarist treats teens to skateboards". SF Gate. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- "Catching up with Lars Frederiksen of Rancid". Rebel Noise. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Davies, Mike. "The Lock Up", BBC. Audio interview with Lars Frederiksen, requires RealPlayer. (16 February 2005)
- Cummins, Johnson. "Lars Frederiksen takes stock of his hard knocks", The Montreal Mirror. (2 December 2004)
- Ashare, Matt "Pretty in punk: Rancid's Lars Frederiksen steps forward", The Boston Phoenix. (15–22 March 2001)