Parts of this article (those related to singles and current events) need to be updated.(October 2017)
Lars Vaular in Bergen 2011
|Birth name||Lars Nesheim Vaular|
September 20, 1984 |
|Genres||Alternative hip hop|
|Associated acts||Tier'n og Lars|
Lars Nesheim Vaular (born September 20, 1984) is a rapper and songwriter from Åsane, Bergen, Norway. He started rapping in 2003. He initially released songs under the duo Tier'n og Lars before going solo.
Tier'n & Lars
Vaular had his beginnings as a hip hop duo formation with Fernando Manuel called Tier'n & Lars or alternatively Tier'n og Lars. The two hip hop artists with Manuel known as Tier'n cooperated with the Norwegian hip hop crew Freakshow with some tracks in a mixtape called We Are the Champions in 2004, followed the same year with Freakshow Presents Tier'n og Lars – Frykt og Avsky i Bergen. The limited edition was a promotional mixtape by the label Freakshow Mixtapes in Norway. The mixtape had cooperation from many artists including Tungtvann, Side Brok, Kleen Cut and F'EM.
In 2005, Tier'n og Lars released a street album Tilbake til stripa: Forberedelsen, available for free download with guest tracks by Even Brenna, Anand, Leeroy, DJ Leven, I. Forgot, Harry West and Nja'al, firmly establishing them as popular hip hop acts culminating in an album Kulturclash released on 23 October 2006.
Vaular debuted as a solo artist in 2007 with the album La Hat - Et nytt dagslys... followed by D'e glede in 2009 and Helt om natten, helt om dagen in 2010 as a major national release that reached top 3 on VG-lista, the official Norwegian Albums chart. He was nominated in 2009 for a Spellemannprisen (the Norwegian equivalent of the Grammys) in the hip hop category for his album D'e glede. His album Du betyr meg in 2011 reached Top 5. His new release is 1001 Hjem.
Lars Vaular was criticized for the controversial track "Kem skjøt Siv Jensen" ("Who Shot Siv Jensen") about the Norwegian politician Siv Jensen and leader of the Progress party. This "violence" label has followed him in many comments in social media, although he claims the song was about how people easily fooled by headlines they read.
Lars Vaular is the cousin of Sondre Lerche.
Collaborations with Freakshow
- 2003: Come on b/w Hva skjer (12" vinyl)
- 2004: We are the champions Mixtape
As Tier'n & Lars
- 2004: Freakshow Presents Tier'n Og Lars – Frykt og avsky i Bergen Mixtape (mixtape)
- 2005: Tilbake til stripa: Forberedelsen (street album)
- 2006: Kulturclash (album)
|2007||La Hat - Et nytt dagslys...||–|
|2009||Helt om natten, helt om dagen||3|
|2011||Du betyr meg||5|
|2010||Helt ute på EP||–|
|2010||"Rett opp & ned"||8|
(with Astrid S)
- "Lars Vaular" (in Norwegian). Rockheim. Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- Last.fm: Tier'n og Lars page
- Discogs: Freakshow page
- Oyvindholen: Hva vet du om Tier’n & Lars? (in Norwegian)
- "- Helt utrolig hvor mange som ennå tror at jeg har skrevet en sang om å drepe Siv Jensen" [- Unbelieavable how many that still think I have written a song about killing Siv Jensen]. Dagbladet. 2013-09-13.
- "Lars Vaular discography". norwegiancharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "VG-lista – Lars Vaular, Astrid S / Boys". VG-lista. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lars Vaular.|