The Larsemann Hills are a series of low rounded coastal hills along the southeastern shore of Prydz Bay, Antarctica extending for 9 nautical miles (17 km) from Dålk Glacier. They were discovered in February 1935 by Captain Klarius Mikkelsen from the whaling ship Thorshavn, sent out by Norwegian whaling magnate Lars Christensen, and given this name.
As an Antarctic oasis the hills are the home of several Antarctic research stations.
- The abandoned Russian Progress Station.
- The relocated Russian Progress II Station.
- The Chinese Zhongshan station
- The Indian Bharati Station.
- The Australian and Romanian Law-Racoviţă Station
|This Princess Elizabeth Land location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|