Larson Ice Center
|Location||934 32nd Avenue
Brookings, SD 57006
|Owner||City of Brookings|
|Operator||City of Brookings Parks and Recreation Department|
|Capacity||2,600 (Ice Hockey)|
|Surface||200' x 85' (Ice Hockey)|
|Construction cost||$7 million
($9.52 million in 2017 dollars)
|Brookings Blizzard (NAHL) (2012–present)
South Dakota State Jackrabbits Club Ice Hockey
The Larson Ice Center is a two rink facility arena located in Brookings, South Dakota. Built in 2002, it is home to the Brookings Blizzard of the North American Hockey League, the South Dakota State Jackrabbits club ice hockey teams, and the Brookings Rangers.
The Larson Ice Center has a seating capacity of approximately 2,000 in the main (Red) rink and 600 in the second (Blue) rink. There are ten locker rooms, with showers and bathrooms. The facility is also fully outfitted with large heated viewing areas, upper and lower level lobbies and an upper level concession area as well.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved January 2, 2018.
- Fier, Jill (May 29, 2008). "BISA Is Serving Up Pancakes 'n Pucks and Pucks". The Brookings Register. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Groten, Perry (February 4, 2014). "Brookings Home Ice Advantage". KELO. Sioux Falls. Retrieved March 25, 2017.
- "Larson Ice Center". Brookings Rangers. Retrieved March 25, 2017.
- Larson Ice Center - City of Brookings
- Larson Ice Center - Brookings Rangers
- Larson Ice Center - StadiumJourney.com
- Larson Ice Center - Brookings Blizzard
|This article about a sports venue in South Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|