Las Condes view from Gran Torre Santiago
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|Region||Santiago Metropolitan Region|
|• Alcalde||Joaquín Lavín (UDI)|
|• Total||99.4 km2 (38.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (CLT)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (CLST)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
Las Condes is a city of Chile located in Santiago Province, Santiago Metropolitan Region. The area is inhabited primarily by upper-mid- to high income families, and known in the Chilean collective consciousness as home to the country's economic elite. Most of Las Condes′ commercial activity is situated along Apoquindo Avenue, which is called colloquially "Sanhattan".
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Las Condes spans an area of 99.4 km2 (38 sq mi) and has 249,893 inhabitants (110,916 men and 138,977 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population grew by 20.1% (41,830 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses. The 2006 projected population was 283,226.
- Average annual household income: US$67,672 (PPP, 2006)
- Population below poverty line: 2.3% (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 87.42, high, 2 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.933, 2 out of 341 (2003)
As a commune, Las Condes is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2016–2020 alcalde is Joaquín Lavín (UDI). The communal council has the following members:
- Carlos Larraín Hurtado (RN)
- Regina Paz Aste Hevia (RN)
- Tomás Fuentes Barros (RN)
- David Jankelevich Waisbein (RN)
- Gabriel Flandez Bórquez (RN)
- María Carolina Cotapos Mardones (UDI)
- Christián Velasco Vignola (UDI)
- Marta Fresno Mackenna (UDI)
Christian Democrats (2)
- Cecilia Serrano Gildemeister (IND)
- Felipe De Pujadas Abadie (PDC)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Las Condes is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Gonzalo Fuenzalida (RN), Karin Luck (RN), Catalina del Real (RN), Francisco Undurraga (Evopoli) and Guillermo Ramírez (UDI) for the Conservatives, and Tomás Hirsch (PH) for the Frente Amplio (left-wing) as part of the 11th electoral district, (together with Vitacura, Lo Barnechea, La Reina and Peñalolén). The commune is represented in the Senate by Manuel José Ossandón (RN) and Carlos Montes (PS) as part of the 8th senatorial constituency (Santiago-East).
Las Condes has over 500 restaurants covering multiple world cuisines.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)
The Deutsche Schule Santiago (or Colegio Alemán de Santiago) maintains two campuses in Las Condes: the Las Condes which has Years 7-12 and the school administration, and the Cerro Colorado campus, which houses preschool.
In addition the Scuola Italiana Vittorio Montiglio is located in Las Condes.
San Vicente de Ferrer Church in Apoquindo.
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Las Condes" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- The State of Housing, Ministry of Planning of Chile.
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 24, 2007.
- "Las Trayectorias del Desarrollo Humano en las Comunas de Chile (1994-2003) Archived 2011-07-07 at the Wayback Machine." UNDP, Gobierno de Chile, Mideplán
- "Annual Report 2010." (Archive) LAN Airlines. p. 7. Retrieved on January 25, 2013. "Corporate Headquarters Avenida Presidente Riesco 5711 20th Floor Las Condes, Santiago, Chile"
- "Contact." LATAM Airlines Group. Retrieved on January 25, 2013. "Contact Pdte. Riesco 5711, 20th floor Las Condes Santiago, Chile "
- "main.swf." (Archive) PAL Airlines. Retrieved on January 25, 2013. "Casa Central*Carmentina 25*Las Condes*Santiago"
- "Google locations." Google. Retrieved on May 25, 2016. "Google Chile Avda Costanera Sur #2730 Parque Titanium Torre B, Piso 16 Las Condes, Santiago Chile"
- "EMOL restaurantes".
- "Dirección y Contacto Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine"/"Adresse und Kontakt Archived 2015-09-23 at the Wayback Machine." Deutsche Schule Santiago. Retrieved on March 17, 2015. Spanish: "Central Dirección: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes" and "SEDE LAS CONDES (7º EB a IV EM) Dirección: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes" and "SEDE VITACURA (1º a 6º EB) Dirección: Av. Kennedy 6150, Vitacura " and "SEDE CERRO COLORADO (PRE-ESCOLAR) Dirección: Cerro Colorado 6340, Las Condes " -- German: "Zentrale Adresse: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes " and "ABTEILUNG LAS CONDES (Jgst. 7 bis 12) Adresse: Nuestra Señora del Rosario 850, Las Condes" and "ABTEILUNG VITACURA (Jgst. 1 bis 6) Adresse: Av. Kennedy 6150, Vitacura" and "ABTEILUNG CERRO COLORADO (VORSCHULE) Adresse: Cerro Colorado 6340, Las Condes "
- (in Spanish) Municipality of Las Condes