Las Vegas Club
|Las Vegas Club|
|Location||Downtown Las Vegas|
|Address||18 East Fremont Street,
Las Vegas, NV 89101
|Closing date||August 20, 2015|
|Number of rooms||410 (hotel portion currently closed)|
|Total gaming space||22,210 sq ft (2,063 m2)|
|Signature attractions||Sports Hall of Fame|
|Operating license holder||Navegante Group|
The Las Vegas Club is a casino-hotel located on the Fremont Street Experience at Main in Downtown Las Vegas, Nevada. It is owned by the Tamares Group and operated by the Navegante Group, along with the Plaza Hotel & Casino across the street.
The Las Vegas Club was previously on the south side of Fremont Street, mid-way between Main and 1st Street. It was right next to the Northern Club casino, which is now La Bayou casino. In 1949 the Las Vegas Club moved across the street to the site of the Overland Hotel, eventually expanding to its present location at the corner of Fremont and Main.
On December 6, 2002 owner Jackie Gaughan agreed to sell the Las Vegas Club and three other casinos, including the Plaza casino and Gold Spike casino to Barrick Gaming. Barrick was in partnership with the Tamares Group.
In March 2007, Tamares announced that it was considering converting the property into a high-rise condo-hotel. This failed to happen, and in April 2013, the Las Vegas Club will closed its hotel tower, leaving the casino open. The possibility of a future renovation of the hotel was hinted at, but never occurred.
In May 2015, the Las Vegas Club announced its intent to open a 13,810-square-foot pharmacy on the eastern side of its casino. This is now unlikely, in light of the August 14, 2015 announcement of the casino's sale to Derek and Greg Stevens, owners of the nearby D and Golden Gate casinos, who plan to close and renovate it.
After the sale, The Las Vegas Club closed it's doors at midnight on August 19, 2015
- "Neon Lights". Nevada Historical Society. Retrieved 2007-04-03.
- "Las Vegas Club and Northern Club". Retrieved 2015-01-10.
- "Vintage Las Vegas". Retrieved 2015-01-10.
- "SEC Form 8-K". Dec 6, 2002.
- "Birth Of A Poker Room". Retrieved 2007-04-03.
- "Downtown Evolves". Retrieved 2007-04-03.
- Mehaffey, John (9 April 2013). "Two Downtown Las Vegas Hotels Closing". 4Flush. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Martin, Bradley (8 May 2015). "Fremont Street's Las Vegas Club to be Chopped in Two". Las Vegas Eater. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Morris, J.D. (2015-08-14). "Las Vegas Club sold to owners of The D casino". Vegas Inc. Retrieved 2015-08-14.
- Stutz, H. (2015-08-18). "Las Vegas Club to close at midnight Wednesday accessdate=2015-08-20". Las Vegas Review Journal.