Lasse Lehtinen (born 23 January 1947 in Kotka) is a Finnish politician, former Member of the Finnish Parliament and former Member of the European Parliament (MEP). He is a member of the Social Democratic Party of Finland, which is part of the Party of European Socialists, and sat on the European Parliament's Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection.
He was also a substitute for the Committee on Employment and Social Affairs, vice-chair of the delegation for relations with Canada, and a substitute for the delegation for relations with the countries of South Asia and the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation.
- Doctor of Philosophy (2002)
- Journalist (since 1962)
- Diplomat (1983-1990)
- Senior Vice-President, Corporate Affairs (1990-1993)
- Writer and television producer (1993-2004)
- Member, Kuopio town council (1968-1980)
- Member of Parliament (1972-1983)
- "Edustajamatrikkeli". Eduskunta.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Finland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Finnish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|