The Last Days of Left Eye
This article does not cite any sources. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Last Days of Left Eye|
|Directed by||Lauren Lazin|
|Produced by||Reigndrop Lopes
|Music by||Brent Lord
|Edited by||David Beinstein|
|May 19, 2007 (VH1)|
The Last Days of Left Eye is a documentary directed by Lauren Lazin which premiered on VH1 and VH1 Soul on May 19, 2007. Filmed from March 30, 2002 until her death on April 25, 2002, it centered on the life, last days spent in spiritual retreat in Honduras, and accidental death of rapper and TLC member Lisa Lopes (May 27, 1971 — April 25, 2002), featuring narrative insight and commentary from interviews of the singer.
During the course of filming the documentary, Lisa and a few friends were passengers in a vehicle driven by her assistant. During the drive, a small boy ran out in front of the vehicle and was struck. The child died later that night. Lisa thinks that the spirit that is haunting her killed the child by mistake.
The video of Lopes' fatal accident, taken from within the Mitsubishi Montero Sport that rolled over into the grass, shows only events in the vehicle prior to the moment of impact. The coroner who performed her autopsy ruled her death an accident.
- Director: Lauren Lazin
- Executive Producer: Shelly Tantro
- Executives for VH1: Michael Hirschorn and Brad Abramson
- Producers: Reigndrop Lopes, Ronald Lopes and Kate Garfield
- Associate Producers: Amy Goldberg and Steven Vannucci
- Video edit: David Beinstein
- Video: Christofer Wagner
- Post sound: Sue Pelino and Doron Reizes
- Visual Effects: Fred Salkind, Stephanie Masarsky, and Anna Toonk
- Original Music: Michael Shaieb & Brent Lord, FatLab Music NYC
- Audio Editor: Andrew Daniel & Marcie Roy
- Dominguez, Robert (May 15, 2007). "R&B diva captures chilling screams of own death on film". New York Daily News. New York Daily News.com. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- Delfiner, Rita (April 30, 2002). "'Left Eye's' Van Killed A Child Weeks Before Her Own Death". New York Post. New York Post. Retrieved August 17, 2017.
- Williams, Mike (April 28, 2002). "Lisa Lopes was involved in traffic fatality 3 weeks ago". Seattle Post. Seattlepi.com. Retrieved August 17, 2017.
- Ahmed, Michael (June 20, 2017). ""Left Eye" Had Premonition Before Her Death". Hip Hop My Way. HipHopMyWay.com. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- Grace, Francie (April 29, 2002). "Singer Lisa Lopes Killed In Car Crash". CBS News. CBS Corporation. Retrieved August 21, 2017.
- Quan, Denise (April 26, 2002). "TLC's Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes dies in wreck". CNN News. CNN. Retrieved August 17, 2017.
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|