Last Night in Soho
|Last Night in Soho|
|Directed by||Edgar Wright|
|Story by||Edgar Wright|
|Edited by||Paul Machliss|
Last Night in Soho is an upcoming 2021 psychological horror film directed by Edgar Wright, with a screenplay by Wright and Krysty Wilson-Cairns, based on a story by Wright. The film stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie, Matt Smith, Diana Rigg, and Terence Stamp. The film focuses on a young wannabe fashion designer girl who mysteriously enters the 1960s to encounter her idol. The film will mark the final film appearances for Rigg and Margaret Nolan, who died in September and October 2020, respectively.
A young girl, who is passionate about fashion design, mysteriously enters the 1960s, where she encounters her idol, a dazzling wannabe singer. But 1960s London is not what it seems, and time seems to fall apart with shady consequences.
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Sandy
- Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie as Eloise
- Matt Smith
- Diana Rigg as Miss Collins
- Terence Stamp
- Rita Tushingham as Peggy Turner
- Jessie Mei Li as Lara
- Michael Ajao
- Synnøve Karlsen as Jocasta
- Lisa McGrills
- Margaret Nolan
Filming began on May 23, 2019, and wrapped August 30, 2019. The film is said to be inspired by other British horror films, such as Nicolas Roeg's Don't Look Now and Roman Polanski's Repulsion, with Wright mentioning the film's use of time travel. Wright posted several photos in his Instagram account regarding additional filming commenced on June 24, 2020 and wrapped on August 5, 2020.
- "Last Night in Soho". Writer's Guild of America. Retrieved 3 May 2020.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (26 May 2020). "Edgar Wright Pic 'Last Night In Soho' Heads To Spring 2021". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- 'Goldfinger' actress Margaret Nolan dead at 76
- Travis, Ben; Nunget, John (21 January 2019). "Edgar Wright's Next Film Is A Psychological Horror, Plus 'Baby Driver 2' Update – EXCLUSIVE". Empire. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- Clarke, Stewart (22 January 2019). "Edgar Wright Preps London-Set Psychological Horror Movie, Talks 'Baby Driver 2'". Variety. Retrieved 22 January 2019.
- Kroll, Justin (4 February 2019). "Anya Taylor-Joy to Star in Edgar Wright's Thriller 'Last Night in Soho' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- Hipes, Patrick (21 February 2019). "'Last Night In Soho': Thomasin McKenzie, Matt Smith Join Edgar Wright's Next Movie". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- Clarke, Stewart (25 June 2019). "Diana Rigg, Terence Stamp Join Edgar Wright's 'Last Night in Soho' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- Tyler, Jacob (8 March 2019). "'Last Night in Soho' Will Begin Filming May 20 In London, England". Geeks WorldWide. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Sharf, Zack (28 October 2019). "'Edgar Wright's 'Last Night in Soho' Plot: Time Travel Horror". IndieWire. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "Edgar Wright on Instagram: "Back to work..."". Instagram. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Instagram post by Edgar Wright • Jul 17, 2020 at 7:13am UTC". Instagram. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Edgar Wright on Instagram: "Back at work? Or shooting a 90's indie album cover?"". Instagram. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- "Edgar Wright's Instagram profile post: "That's a wrap (again). Thanks to my very hard working cast and crew, and my amazing producers who made it safe and possible for us to get…"". Instagram. Retrieved 4 August 2020.
- Wright, Edgar [@edgarwright] (26 May 2020). "Haunted by someone else's past, but we'll see you in the future... It's true, #LastNightInSoho is not quite finished yet due to Covid 19. But, I'm excited for you all to experience it, at a big screen near you, on April 23, 2021. @LastNightInSoho @FocusFeatures @universaluk" (Tweet). Retrieved 26 May 2020 – via Twitter.
- Rubin, Rebecca (20 April 2020). "'The Batman,' 'Sopranos' Movie Get New Release Dates". Variety. Retrieved 20 April 2020.