|Genre(s)||Role-playing video game|
Last Ranker (Japanese: ラストランカー Hepburn: Rasuto Rankā?) is a role-playing video game developed by imageepoch and published by Capcom for the PlayStation Portable, and released in Japan on July 15, 2010. In Last Ranker, warriors are ranked by how they perform in battle by a combat organization called Bazalta, which is headquartered in the city of Ghandoar. The protagonist of the game is a man named Zig who is part of a group of wanderers called Cantalera and decides to leave his group and head to Ghandoar, join Bazalta, and make his way to the top.
In combat, players only use Zig to fight in real-time. However, they will not have direct control over Zig's movement. As attacks are chosen from the menu they use up SP and the gauge takes a few seconds to recharge when depleted.
Last Ranker was directed by Kazuya Niinou at imageepoch and produced by Minae Matsukawa from Capcom. The story was written by Kazushige Nojima, the music composed by Yoko Shimomura, and the character designs by Tatsuya Yoshikawa.
- John Tanaka (2009-09-15). "Capcom Teams With All-star Staff For New PSP RPG". IGN. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- "『ラストランカー』の発売日が決定！". Famitsu. 2009-04-22. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- Anoop Gantayat (2010-04-22). "Date Set For Last Ranker". andriasang. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- Anoop Gantayat (2009-09-18). "Capcom and Image Epoch Team For PSP RPG". andriasang. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- Kevin Gifford (2009-09-15). "Capcom Announces Last Ranker". 1UP. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- Official website (Japanese)