|Traded as||SIX: LMN|
(CEO & Co-Founder)
(COO & Co-Founder)
Number of employees
Lastminute.com Group (formerly known as Bravofly Rumbo Group) is a publicly traded multinational Group in the online travel industry and owns a number of brands including lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 43 million users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people work for the Group, which conducts its business through its operational headquarters in Chiasso (Switzerland) and a further 10 offices worldwide.
The Lastminute.com Group, was founded in 2006, but traces its roots back to 2004, when Fabio Cannavale and Marco Corradino launched Volagratis, a search engine for low cost flights in the Italian market. In 2006, it was organized as a Group, the headquarters were moved to Chiasso and it began its international expansion by introducing localized websites in Spain, France, Germany and the United Kingdom under the Bravofly brand. In November 2012, it acquired the Spanish OTA, Rumbo. At the end of 2013 it acquired Jetcost, a French travel meta-search site, entering a new market segment.
On 15 April 2014 the Bravofly Rumbo Group debuted on the SIX Swiss Exchange in Zurich.
In March 2015 Bravofly Rumbo Group acquired lastminute.com and in May 2015 it changed its name to lastminute.com group. In 2016, the Group launched the new media unit called the Travel People, engaging audiences through media and technology. In September 2016, the Group acquired WAYN, a social travel network.
lastminute.com is an online travel and leisure retailer. The company was founded by Lady Lane-Fox and Brent Hoberman to offer late holiday deals online. lastminute.com was acquired by Bravofly Rumbo Group in March 2015.
Volagratis.com was launched Italy in 2004. Since the pioneering search engine for low cost flights has become a full-service travel provider, offering a range of services including hotels, flights, city breaks, holidays, cruises and car rentals.
Launched in Spain in 2000, Rumbo also operates websites in other European countries as well as in South America.Rumbo is a full-service travel website, with its offering comprising hotels, flights, city breaks, package holidays and cruises.x
Jetcost is a metasearch website that enables users to search for and compare travel and leisure products from a range of suppliers. Jetcost websites operate in 38 countries across Europe, Asia and America.
Hotelscan is a metasearch engine for Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, Hostels, Apartments and other types of accommodations. Its daily updated database of around 1.3 million properties with data from over 100 online booking website.
Bravofly is a full-service travel website, integrating a variety of travel products and services, including flights offered by low cost and traditional airlines worldwide. Founded in 2006, Bravofly websites are available in 17 languages and across 40 countries
- "Bravofly Rumbo Group announces change of name to lastminute.com". www.lastminutegroup.com. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "Fabio Cannavale". Business Week. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Bravofly eyes acquisition to build presence in UK dynamic tour operating market". Travolution. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Telefonica Sells Online Travel Agency Rumbo to Bravofly". Bloomberg. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Bravofly acquires Jetcost as OTA-meta lines continue to merge". Tnooz. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Bravofly Rumbo Group SIX Exchange". Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "lastminute.com group announces the acquisition of hotelscan to expand its metasearch business". Skift Inc. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
- "Bravofly completes acquisition of Sabre's lastminute.com". Travolution. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- http://www.rumbo.es/html/home/quienes-somos.shtml Rumbo.es Company Information, retrieved 14 April 2014