Late Night Tales
Late Night Tales and its predecessor Another Late Night are the names of two related series of artist curated compilation albums released since 2001 on the UK independent record label Night Time Stories Ltd. Both series' were started by the author A. W. Wilde. The tracks on the albums are selected and mixed by a diverse selection of artists asked by Late Night Tales to create the ultimate late night mix. Many of the albums end with a story track, read by famous English performers including Benedict Cumberbatch, Will Self, Brian Blessed and Patrick Moore. With the exception of Jamiroquai, Air and Bill Brewster's contributions, each release includes a cover version recorded by the artist(s).
The series has been met with critical acclaim, with GQ Magazine praising Late Night Tales as "The Rolls Royce of compilations". 2011 saw the label celebrate their 10th anniversary with a box set including all albums to date. Friendly Fires' compilation released in November 2012 marked the 30th in the series.
- Jones, Alice (31 October 2012). "Yo, Sherlock! Benedict Cumberbatch performs spoken-word with Friendly Fires". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- Gill, Andy (1 April 2011). "Album: Midlake, Late Night Tales (Late Night Tales)". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "MGMT Late Night Tales Review". BBC Music. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- GQ Magazine, 2010
- "Late Night Tales Celebrate 10th Anniversary". Clash. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "Friendly Fires tell Late Night Tales". Resident Advisor. Retrieved 2013-02-19.