Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up latency or latent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Latency or latent may refer to:
- Latency (engineering), a measure of the time delay experienced by a system
- Latency period (also latent period), the time between exposure to a pathogen, chemical or radiation, and when symptoms first become apparent
- Virus latency, the ability of a virus to remain dormant
- Sleep onset latency, the time it takes a person to fall asleep
- Latent Recordings, an independent Canadian record label
- Latency stage, a term coined by Sigmund Freud for a stage in a child's psychosexual development
- Nuclear latency, the condition of a country capable of developing nuclear weapons but not yet possessing them
- Latent heat, energy released or absorbed, by a body or a thermodynamic system, during a constant-temperature process
- Latent variable, a variable that is not directly observed but inferred in statistics
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Latency.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.