From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Latin or latin in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Latin is an Italic language, originally spoken in ancient Rome and its empire.
Latin can also refer to:
- Latins (Italic tribe), an ancient Italic tribe inhabiting ancient Italy
- Latin peoples, the modern people of Latin descent
- Latins, the ancient Italic tribe and modern people of Latin descent
Language and languages
- Latin alphabet, which became the basic script used by most European languages
- Wheelock's Latin, a textbook for teaching the Latin language
- Latin (album), an album by the band Holy Fuck
- "Latin", the fourth movement of Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells 2003 album
- Latin music (genre)
People with the surname
- Denis Latin (born 1966), Croatian television host
- Ivo Latin (1929–2002), former speaker of the Parliament of Croatia and Mayor of Zagreb
- Dog Latin, a whimsical pseudo-language utilizing Latin elements
- Ladin (disambiguation)
- Latin Quarter (disambiguation)
- Latina (disambiguation)
- Latino (disambiguation)
- Latino sine Flexione, an artificial language based on Latin but without inflections
- Latinism, the use of words from or like Latin
- Latinization (literature), the alteration of foreign words into Latin-like ones
- Lattin (disambiguation)
- Pig Latin, a whimsical pseudo-language based on sound alternations in English
- Macaronic Latin, the basis for defining Macaronic language, a mixed language
- All pages beginning with "Latin"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Latin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.