June/July 2016 cover featuring Demi Lovato
|Director of Content||Robyn Moreno|
|Categories||Lifestyle, entertainment, beauty and fashion|
|Frequency||9 times a year|
|First issue||June 1996|
|Company||Latina Media Ventures, LLC|
Latina is an American lifestyle, entertainment, beauty and fashion magazine for bilingual, bicultural Hispanic women published in English by Latina Media Ventures. It has a combined audience of nearly 3 million.
In May 2010, Latina Media Ventures named editorial director Galina Espinoza and publisher Lauren Michaels co-presidents of the company. Latina was named to Adweek's "Hot List" in 2000 & 2001 and named Best Magazine by Advertising Age in 2000.
Latina was founded in 1996 by Christy Haubegger under Latina Publications, LLC. Haubegger, then a 28-year-old Stanford Law School graduate. The first issue featured Jennifer Lopez on the cover. In 2000, the company changed its name to Latina Media Ventures, LLC. Haubegger now works at Creative Artists Agency and remains a member of the board for Latina Media Ventures.
The magazine's covers consistently feature prominent Latinas like Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lopez, Paulina Rubio, Jessica Alba, Shakira, Eva Longoria, Salma Hayek, Eva Mendes, Christina Aguilera, Naya Rivera, America Ferrera and Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. The November 2015 issued featured girl group Fifth Harmony, whose three out of five members are Latinas, marking the first time two non-Latinas were featured on the cover of the magazine.
- "2017 PRINT EDITORIAL CALENDAR & ISSUE DATES" (PDF).
- Alex Alvarez (May 3, 2010). "Latina Editorial Director Mimi Valdes Leaves The Magazine". Retrieved January 21, 2011.
- Steve Black (2009). "Life spans of Library Journal's “Best Magazines of the Year”". Serials Review. 35 (4). Retrieved March 10, 2017.
- "Creative Artists Agency Hires Latina Magazine Founder Christy Haubegger". Business Wire. February 13, 2003. Archived from the original on May 22, 2011. Retrieved January 21, 2011.
- "LATINA VIEW: LESSONS LEARNED FROM 15 YEARS OF JENNIFER LOPEZ".