(Redirected from Latinisation (disambiguation))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up latinisation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Latinisation or Latinization can refer to:
- Latinisation, the imposition of Latinisms (Latin-based terms or grammatical structures) onto another language
- Representation of different writing systems in the Roman alphabet, more often called romanization or romanisation
- Latinisation (USSR), the campaign in the USSR during the 1920s and 1930s to replace traditional writing systems for numerous languages with the Latin alphabet
- Romanization (cultural), the spread of Roman culture, law, and language
- Liturgical Latinisation, the adoption of practices from Western Christianity by the Eastern Churches
- the giving of Greek or Latin binomial names to identified species; see binomial nomenclature
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Latinisation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.