July 17, 1975 |
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|1999–2000||Fork Union (assistant)|
|2001||Western Carolina (WR)|
|2012||James Madison (TE)|
|Head coaching record|
|Accomplishments and honors|
|2 CIAA North Division (2013–2014)|
Latrell Scott (born July 17, 1975) is an American football coach. He is the head football coach of Norfolk State University, a position he has held since the 2015 season. Scott served as the head football coach at the University of Richmond in 2010 and a Virginia State University from 2013 to 2014.
Early on, Scott served as the wide receivers coach at several schools, including the University of Virginia, the University of Tennessee, Richmond, Virginia Military Institute (VMI), and Western Carolina University. He also served as an assistant coach at Fork Union Military Academy. Scott was named head coach of the University of Richmond on December 15, 2009, replacing Mike London.
At 34 years old, Scott was the youngest head coach in NCAA Division I football at the time of his hiring. Scott resigned from his coaching duties at the University of Richmond on August 23, 2011 after being charged with driving while intoxicated. Scott's resignation came just a week before the team's first game of the season.
On April 6, 2012 Scott was hired by Mickey Matthews as tight ends coach at James Madison University of the Colonial Athletic Association. On January 14, 2013, Scott was introduced as the 23rd all-time head coach at Virginia State University.
Head coaching record
|Richmond Spiders (Colonial Athletic Association) (2010)|
|Virginia State Trojans (Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association) (2013–2015)|
|2013||Virginia State||9–1||7–0||1st (North)|
|2014||Virginia State||10–2||8–0||1st (North)||NCAA Division II Second Round|
|Norfolk State (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) (2015–present)|
|National championship Conference title Conference division title or championship game berth|
- Spiders to name HU graduate Scott as football coach. Daily Press. Retrieved on 15 December 2009.
- John O'Connor (December 17, 2009). "UR coach Scott was "kind of like the second quarterback" at Lee-Davis High". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved December 17, 2009.
- Latrell Scott Resigns As Head Football Coach – RichmondSpiders.com
- Latrell Scott resigns as UR football coach – Richmond Times-Dispatch Archived 2013-02-04 at Archive.is
- JMU Announces Addition of Latrell Scott to Coaching Staff - jmusports.com
- "VSU Names Scott as head football coach". VSU.edu. January 14, 2013. Retrieved January 30, 2014.