Latty Township, Paulding County, Ohio
|Latty Township, Paulding County, Ohio|
Farmland between Grover Hill and Haviland
Location of Latty Township in Paulding County
|• Total||36.4 sq mi (94.3 km2)|
|• Land||36.4 sq mi (94.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||725 ft (221 m)|
|• Density||28.2/sq mi (10.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086775|
Latty Township is one of the twelve townships of Paulding County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,026 people in the township, 614 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township - north
- Brown Township - northeast corner
- Washington Township - east
- Jackson Township, Van Wert County - southeast
- Hoaglin Township, Van Wert County - south
- Union Township, Van Wert County - southwest corner
- Blue Creek Township - west
- Paulding Township - northwest corner
The village of Grover Hill is located in southeastern Latty Township.
Name and history
It is the only Latty Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Paulding County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.