The Laugavegur is a trekking route in South-West Iceland from the hot springs area of Landmannalaugar ( ) to the glacial valley of Þórsmörk ( ). It is noted for the wide variety of landscapes on its 55 km (34 mi) path. The route is typically completed over 2–4 days with potential stops at the mountain huts at Hrafntinnusker, Álftavatn, Hvanngil and Emstrur. An ultramarathon is held on the route each July. It is possible to combine the trek with the Fimmvörðuháls route which goes over the pass from Þórsmörk to Skógar for an additional one or two days or an additional 25 km (16 mi). Landmannalaugar, Þórsmörk, and Skógar are all reachable by bus during the summer. A bus from Hella connects with Álftavatn once a day during the summer.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Laugavegur hiking trail.|
- Itinerary and preparation list by Útivist
- Travel guide by Nordic Adventure Travel
- Visual day-by-day narrative of the trail
- Description, map view, and track download of the Laugavegur and Fimmvörðuháls trails (south to north)
- Laugavegur Ultra Marathon
|This Iceland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|