Laughlin River Run
|Laughlin River Run|
|Dates||Last weekend in April|
|Location(s)||Laughlin, Nevada, United States|
|Previous event||April 25–29, 2012|
|Next event||August 8, 2015|
Laughlin River Run is an annual motorcycle rally held in Laughlin, Nevada. It is the largest gathering of bikes and bikers in the Western United States. The event drew an estimated 70,000 motorcycle enthusiasts in 2005.
The river run was started in 1983 with 426 participants. It was "conceived by Harley-Davidson dealer Dale Marschke, who wanted to bring his customers on a fun weekend ride." The name comes from the fact that riders are riding out to the Colorado River, on which Laughlin sits. Other riders go across the river to Laughlin's sister city, Bullhead City, Arizona, Route 66 rides to Oatman, Arizona and Kingman, Arizona and also down to Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
The Laughlin River Run today takes place annually during the last weekend in April, normally beginning on Wednesday and finishing on Sunday. The event is currently promoted by Dal-Con Promotions and features several attractions and events, including live concerts, many motorcycle vendors, a poker run, drag races, bike show, Ms. Laughlin competition and charity events.
Accommodations are usually made at the various large hotels in Laughlin, however in recent years, campsites have also been utilized for RV's.
The 2002 rally was marred by the River Run Riot, a major brawl between rival motorcycle clubs (Hells Angels and Mongols) at Harrah's Laughlin that left three bikers dead, another 13 injured, and 9 bikers arrested.
- "Crowds quiet at Laughlin.(23rd annual Laughlin River Run Motorcycle Rally)", Powersports Business – via HighBeam Research (subscription required), May 16, 2005
- "BIKES (LAUGHLIN) - 25th Anniversary Laughlin River Run Set for April 25-29, 2007". Retrieved 2007-05-04.
- Bartlett, Jennifer (2007-04-25). "River Run roars into Laughlin". Kingman Daily Miner. Retrieved 2007-05-04.
- "Laughlin River Run, Laughlin, Nev.". Travel Channel. Archived from the original on December 18, 2007. Retrieved 2013-02-25.
- Bach, Lisa (2002-04-28). "MOTORCYCLE GANG VIOLENCE: Laughlin event turns deadly". Las Vegas Review Journal. Retrieved 2007-05-15.