Type of site
|Launched||8 October 2013|
LaunchGood is a crowdfunding platform focused on the Muslim community worldwide. LaunchGood went live in October 2013 and in its first two years has raised more than $3 million for 370+ projects across 30 countries. 
LaunchGood is one of a number of crowdfunding platforms for gathering money from the public, which circumvents traditional avenues of investment. Project creators choose a deadline and a minimum funding goal, and usually provide rewards or "perks" for contributors at various levels.
LaunchGood has been used to fundraise for several nationally recognized projects, including a campaign to help rebuild African-American churches destroyed by arson in the summer of 2015, and a campaign to fund the legal team of Adnan Syed (widely known from the podcast Serial) through a special appeal of his conviction. Each of these campaigns raised more than $100,000 through the platform. An October 2018 campaign to help pay for Jewish burials for the 11 victims of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, and the medical bills of survivors, raised its goal of $25,000 in six hours and went on to raise more than $200,000.
LaunchGood has received multiple awards, including:
- Islamic Economy Award, Small & Medium Enterprises (SME)
- American Muslim Consumer Conference (AMCC), Entrepreneur Showcase
- "Muslims raise $48,000 to rebuild burned black churches". CNN. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "About us: Launch Good". LaunchGood. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "LaunchGood Doing Good". Muslim Observer. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "LaunchGood - About Us". LaunchGood. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Why Muslims are raising money for black churches destroyed by fire": Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 8 September 2015
- Frances, Kai-Hwa Wang (9 July 2015). "Muslim Community Rallies to Rebuild Burned Black Churches". Retrieved 9 September 2015 – via NBC News.
- "Adnan Syed Is Getting A Second Podcast After 'Serial'": Huffington Post. Retrieved 8 September 2015
- "Respond with Love: Rebuild Black Churches, Support Victims of Arson across the South": LaunchGood. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "The Adnan Syed Trust": LaunchGood. Retrieved 8 September 2015
- Sadeque, Samira (October 30, 2018). "U.S. Muslims Raise $190,000 for Burial of Jewish Pittsburgh Victims". Haaretz. Retrieved October 31, 2018.
- "Muslims Unite for Pittsburgh Synagogue". LaunchGood. 2018. Retrieved October 31, 2018.
- "Mohammed presents Islamic Economy Awards". Emirates 24/7. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- "Launch Good — Ummah Wide". Medium. Retrieved 2015-08-24.