|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Lavkushnagar, formerly known as Laundi (Hindi:लौंड़ी), is a town/city/tehshil and a nagar panchayat in Chhatarpur district in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is about 55 km away from Chhatarpur and 37 km. from the temple town Khajuraho. The Urmil and Kail Rivers flow through this town. The Civil Airport Khajuraho and Dumra, Harpalpur and Khajuraho Railway Station located nearby, links it to some major towns and cities of Madhya Pradesh. It also has a Civil Court, a Sub Jail and a Police Station too.
As of 2001[update] India census, Laundi had a population of 20,186. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Laundi has an average literacy rate of 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 52%. In Laundi, 16% of the population is under 6 years of ago .but in this area has 1 sbi bank and mr .sukhdev prasad
chaturvedi is hard worker but irrigation department in luvkush nagar not increase the sallary.
Lavkushnagar, is surrounded with many mountains. The tallest mountain is Mata Bambar Beini Temple mountain, to reach at the top of mountain there are approximately 350-380 staircase.
- Govt. College.
- Parmanand art college.
- Srajan college.
- R.K. college.
- shri awdhoot institute.
- Anand college.
- Govt. School of Excellence (10+2),Mahoba Road.
Principal: Mr. Bhagwan Das Trivedi
- Govt. Kanya Higher Secondary School
- Shri Vigyan Higher Secondary School (10+2),Chandla Road.
- Avdhoot Higher Secondary School (10+2),Chandla Road.
- Gyan Bharti High School, Chaurasia Muhal.
- G.P.Higher Secondary school, chhatapur road.
- Swami Parmanand High School,Tallaiya Muhal.
- Swami vivekananda English medium school.
- star little English medium school
- Ideal Public English medium school
- Sarswati Shishu Mandir Luvkush Nagar
- christ jyoti english medium school
Places to Visit
- Famous temple of Mata Bambar Baini is located on a hill in Lavkushnagar.
- Mata Anjini Mandir(Temple)behind boys higher secondary school
- Major tourist attractions in the vicinity include Ken Gharial Sanctuary, Pandava Waterfall, and Shilpgram, which are easily accessible from Lavkushnagar..
- Famous Temple Of Jhinnan Hanuman Ji is Location Mahoba Road Lavkush Nagar.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lavkushnagar.|
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.