Laura Bailey (voice actress)
||This filmography includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2015)|
|Born||Laura Dawn Bailey
May 28, 1981
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Other names||Elle Deets[note 1]|
|Alma mater||Collin College|
|Occupation||Voice actress, voice director|
|Years active||1999 - present|
|Spouse(s)||Travis Willingham (m. 2011)|
Laura Dawn Bailey (born May 28, 1981) is an American actress who provides voices for a number of English-language versions of Japanese anime films and television series as well as voice roles in video games and cartoons. Her notable roles include Maka Albarn in Soul Eater, Kid Trunks in Dragon Ball Z, Tohru Honda in Fruits Basket, Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist, and Shinnosuke "Shin" Nohara in Crayon Shin-Chan, the last of which she also served as the line producer. In video games, she provides the voice of Rayne in the BloodRayne series, Chun-Li in the newer titles of the Street Fighter series, The Female Protagonist in Persona 3 Portable, Rise Kujikawa in the Persona 4 series, Blaze the Cat in Sonic the Hedgehog series, Lucina in Fire Emblem Awakening, Serah Farron in the Final Fantasy XIII series, Serana in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard, Spartan Olympia Vale in Halo 5: Guardians, and Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft.
Bailey was inspired to go into acting after watching a making of Dawson's Creek special where they interviewed Katie Holmes. She attended the theatre program at the Collin County Community College (Quad C) in Plano, Texas. where she participated in productions of "Suburbia", "Through a Glass Onion", and "Don't Rock the Jukebox". Kent Williams, who spotted her at one of the plays, invited her to audition for Funimation, who had been working on Dragon Ball Z. Her most notable role on Dragon Ball Z was Kid Trunks, which she portrayed with a raspy voice. She voiced the starring character Marlene Angel in Blue Gender, which was the first project Funimation did outside of the Dragon Ball world, and Keiko Yukimura in YuYu Hakusho.
Bailey was cast for the starring role of Tohru Honda in the anime Fruits Basket. Bailey said that Tohru's character has helped her be more positive: "I was so inspired by her character by her, joy, and outlook on life that, you know, you wanna emulate that." She later voiced Lust, one of the villains in Fullmetal Alchemist, and Sana Kurata in Kodocha.
Bailey had been working with Funimation for about four years before she started ADR directing. She worked on Blue Gender: The Warrior and some episodes of Case Closed. Her first major ADR Directing project was Gunslinger Girl, in which she also voices Henrietta. She also co-directed parts of Kodocha. She became a line producer for Shin-Chan and also voiced the title character.
Bailey and anime voice actor/director Colleen Clinkenbeard were once roommates while working at Funimation. In 2007, she moved to Los Angeles, California. In 2011, she married fellow voice actor Travis Willingham. They currently live in Los Angeles.
- Blue Gender movie – ADR director
- Case Closed – ADR director
- Gunslinger Girl – ADR director Bailey's first large project
- Rumbling Hearts – Line producer
- Shin-chan – Line producer, ADR director
- Kodocha – Line producer, ADR director
|2004||What's New, Scooby-Doo?||Eve De Lafeye||Ep. "Simple Plan & the Invisible Madman"|
|2008||Transformers: Animated||Additional voices||Ep. "Mission Accomplished"|
|2011||The Super Hero Squad Show||Firestar, Angelica Jones||Eps. "Planet Hulk! (Six Against Infinity Part 5)"; "Too Many Wolverines!"|
|2011–14||Shelf Life||The Kid, Jason|
|2011–12||Monster High||Lagoona Blue||Webisodes and specials|||
|2011–13||Winx Club||Tressa, Serena|
|2012||Street Fighter X Tekken Vita||Chun-Li||TV miniseries|
|2013||LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload||Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff|||
|2013–15||Marvel's Avengers Assemble||Black Widow, Gamora (2nd Time), Darkstar, others|||
|2014–15||Ultimate Spider-Man||Black Widow||Ep. "The Avenging Spider-Man: Part 1"; "Contest of the Champions: Part 2"|
|2014–15||Regular Show||Sheena Albright, Natalia, others||Ep. "Skips in the Saddle"; "The Real Thomas"; "Benson's Suit"|||
|2015||Batman Unlimited||Cheetah||Web series|||
|2015||Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled||Black Widow||Television Special|||
|2008||Resident Evil: Degeneration||Angela Miller|
|2015||When Marnie Was There||Additional Voices|
Direct-to-video and television films
|2001||Walker, Texas Ranger||Roberta||Ep. 191: "Saturday Night"|
|2003||Graduation Day||Marni||Directed by Matt Cade|||
|2006||Placebo||Nancy||Short film by Dan Burks|
|2007||Four Sheets to the Wind||Francie|
|2007||Mr. Brooks||Flight Attendant|
|2007||Thief||Ep. 103[note 2]|
|2007||The Staircase Murders||Margaret Peterson||Lifetime TV movie|||
|2007||One Tree Hill||Girl #2||Ep. 417: "It Gets Worse at Night"|
|2007||Underbelly||Sara Hotchkiss||Birdnose Productions|
|2009||From the Dark||Kristin Parker||Directed by Chris McClellan|
|2010||Dusk||Chelsea||Directed by Mitch Waters|
|2015||To Have and to Hold||Jane Pierce||Directed by Ray Bengston|
|2015||Critical Role||Vex'ahlia||Web series|
- Bailey is credited as Elle Deets in Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, but she has noted that she voiced the character Belle in her website credits list.
- Bailey was credited for Thief although her scene was cut before broadcast.
- "Dragon Ball Z Chat Log – Laura Bailey". Myfavoritegames.com. Retrieved May 4, 2013.
- "Laura Bailey". Collintheatrecenter.com. Retrieved May 4, 2013.
- "Travis and Laura Wedding Photobooth at mebophoto". September 25, 2011. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- "Laura Baily on Twitter".
- "Laura Bailey". Saboten Con. February 26, 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-10-17. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Resnick, Todd (July 1, 2011). "Laura Bailey Voice Over | Resnick Interactive Group". Resnickinteractive.com. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Darrow, Heather (May 2011). "Laura Bailey: Superhero". Plano Profile: 36–38.
- "Interview with Laura Bailey (Voice Actor) " g33ksauce". G33ksauce.wordpress.com. September 28, 2010. Retrieved May 4, 2013.
- Ferreira, Mike (July 26, 2012). "Interview: Laura Bailey". Anime Herald. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. original article Ferreira, Mike (May 23, 2009). "Informal And Intriguing: An Interview With Laura Bailey". Anime Dream (published May 31, 2009). Archived from the original on March 4, 2012. Retrieved October 31, 2011.
- Japan Society (April 22, 2012). Interview with Laura Bailey at 2009 New York Anime Festival (YouTube). Retrieved May 4, 2013.
- Anderson, Matthew; Costello, Stephanie (June 15, 2005). "Exclusive Interview with Laura Bailey & Colleen Clinkenbeard at DVD Vision Japan". DVJ 2.0. Matthew Anderson and Stephanie Costello. DVD Vision Japan. Archived from the original on 2013-12-02. Retrieved May 4, 2013.
- "Being a Brief Discussion of Anime Dubs: Colleen Clinkenbeard Special Edition". Mania.com. Retrieved May 4, 2013.
- Owen, Phil (June 7, 2013). "Voice Actor Laura Bailey Interview: Notoriety Can Hurt an Actor's Career". Game Front.
- "Full Credits". Laura Bailey VO (official site). Retrieved 2014-09-16.
- "Laura Bailey". Crystal Acids.
- Divers, Allen (March 21, 2002). "Review – Blue Gender – DVD 1". Anime News Network.
- "Lupin the 3rd – Dragon of Doom". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2014-08-02.
- Terrace 2008, p. 423
- "Anime ExpoÂ® 2008 Announces the 2008 SPJA Award Winners" (Press release). Anime Expo. July 9, 2008. Retrieved September 28, 2014.
- "Hellsing IV". Hellsing Ultimate. Episode 4. October 11, 2014. Closing credits. Adult Swim.
- "Laura Bailey". Behind the Voice Actors. Retrieved 2014-09-16. – entries with check marks have been confirmed by the site with screen captures of the credits or other announcements
- "Viz Media Welcomes Tiger & Bunny Japanese Producer And English Voice Cast For Anime Expo 2012". Anime News Network. 2014-07-05.
- "New Ghoul @ School". Monster High. Closing credits.
- Bailey, Laura (September 19, 2014). "Recorded the last ep of season 2 this week. I love these guys. #AvengersAssemble" (Tweet). Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- "Widow's Run". Avengers Assemble. Season 2. Episode 12. February 22, 2015. Disney XD.
- "Secret Avengers". Avengers Assemble. Season 2. Episode 17. May 10, 2015. Disney XD.
- Regular Show Season 5 Episode 33 Closing Credits
- Regular Show Season 6 Episode 8 Closing Credits
- Regular Show Season 6 Episode 18 Closing Credits
- "Batman Unlimited: The Race Is On! Batman And The Flash Vs Cheetah". YouTube. 2015-06-19. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- "Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled". Lego Marvel Super Heroes. November 16, 2015. Closing credits.
- "Tiger & Bunny the Movie: The Beginning (DVD)". Anime News Network. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts (film). 2015. Closing credits.
- "Gary Miereanu on Twitter". Twitter.
- Monster High: Boo York, Boo York. 2015. Closing credits, Featuring the Voices Of – via Netflix.
- Team Tachyon. Quantum Theory. Tecmo. Scene: Ending credits, 2:18 in, Quantum Theory Cast, Voice Actors.
- Capcom. Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes. Capcom. Scene: Ending credits, Cast.
- Spellbound Entertainment, Black Forest Games. Arcania: Gothic 4. JoWooD Entertainment, DreamCatcher Interactive. Scene: Ending credits, 8 minutes in, English Localisation, US Cast.
- CyberConnect2. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. Namco Bandai Games. Scene: Ending credits, Cast.
- BioWare (2011-12-20). Star Wars: The Old Republic. Electronic Arts, LucasArts. Scene: closing credits, 9:50 in, English Cast.
- Blizzard Entertainment. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Scene: Closing credits, 3:11 in, Voice Cast.
- "Armored Core V". AllGame. All Media Network. Archived from the original on 2014-11-14. Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- "Kinect Star Wars Credits". Microsoft Game Studios. 2012.
- FromSoftware. Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor. Capcom. Scene: Closing credits, 2:20 in, Voice Actors.
- Vicarious Visions. Skylanders: Giants. Scene: closing credits, 3:49 minutes in, Voice Actors.
- Level-5. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Nintendo. Scene: Closing credits, 3:20 in, Voice Actors.
- "Halo 4 Credits". Microsoft Game Studios. Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- "Gears of War: Judgment Credits". Microsoft Game Studios. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- Vicarious Visions (October 13, 2013). Skylanders: Swap Force. Scene: closing credits, 8 minutes in, VO Production by Soundelux, Voice Actors.
- Warner Bros. Games Montréal (2013-10-25). Batman: Arkham Origins. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Closing credits, 16:40 in, Voiceover Talent.
- Playstation (June 10, 2014). PlayStation E3 2014 – inFAMOUS: First Light – Live Coverage (PS4) (YouTube).
- Carbine Studios. WildStar. NCSOFT. Scene: Credits, 2:45 in, Cast.
- Bailey, Laura (December 11, 2014). "True! "@frogoat: @LauraBaileyVO Is it true you voice Spider-Girl (and other Spider-Women) in the Spider-@SpideyUnlimted game?"" (Twitter). Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- Avalanche Software. Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes. Scene: Closing credits, 2:55 in, Featuring the Voice Talents of.
- "Skylanders: Trap Team review". Kidz Coolit.com. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- Toys for Bob. Skylanders: Trap Team. Scene: Closing credits, 8:40 in Voice Actors.
- Wilson, Matt D. (2014-07-31). "Laughing At The Joker: Adam West & Developers Talk ‘LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham’". Comics Alliance.
- Day, Patrick Kevin (July 27, 2014). "Comic-Con 2014: ‘Lego Batman 3′ will take players back to ’60s Batman". Hero Complex. Los Angeles Times.
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham – Behind the Scenes with the Cast and Characters (YouTube). Gamespot. July 28, 2014.
- Blizzard Entertainment. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor. Scene: Closing credits, 11:30 in, Voice Over Cast.
- BioWare. Dragon Age: Inquisition PC. Electronic Arts. Scene: Closing credits, 2:40 in, Additional Voices.
- Dornbush, Jonathan (2014-11-13). "Watch the first footage of Telltale' 'Tales from the Borderlands'". PopWatch. Entertainment Weekly.
- Telltale Games (February 4, 2015). "'Gwyn Whitehill' in @GameOfThrones Ep Two is voiced by @LauraBaileyVO aka 'Fiona' of 'Tales from the @Borderlands'" (Tweet). Retrieved April 9, 2015.
- Telltale Games. Game of Thrones: Episode Two - The Lost Lords. Telltale Games. Scene: Closing credits, Cast.
- Intelligent Systems (March 15, 2015). Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Nintendo. Scene: Credits, Voice.
- Turbine, Inc.. Infinite Crisis. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Credits, Voice Over Talent.
- "Infinite Crisis Credits".
- Rocksteady Studios. Batman: Arkham Knight. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Credits, 13:05 in, Voiceover & Mocap Talent.
- Avalanche Software. Disney Infinity 3.0. Scene: Closing credits, 5:29 in, Featuring the Voice Talents of.
- Avalanche Studios. Mad Max. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Credits, 5:40 in, Talent.
- Konami (2015). Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Scene: Closing credits, 0:32 in, Cast.
- Vicarious Visions. Skylanders: SuperChargers. Activision. Scene: Closing credits, 7:13 in, Voice Actors.
- CoinOpTV (September 16, 2015). "Lego Dimensions Voice Actors Interviews". YouTube.
- Traveller's Tales. Lego Dimensions. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Closing credits, 4:45 in, Voiceover Talent.
- "Making of Halo 5 - The Sprint S03E02". Microsoft Game Studios. 4:14. Retrieved 2015-10-05.
- "The Staircase Murders". Variety. April 12, 2007. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- Other references
- Terrace, Vincent (2008). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010 (2d ed.). McFarland. ISBN 9780786486410.
- Official website
- Laura Bailey at the Internet Movie Database
- Laura Bailey at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Laura Bailey convention appearances on AnimeCons.com