From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sir Robert and Lady Borden aboard SS ROYAL GEORGE en route to England, 1912
November 26, 1861
Halifax, Nova Scotia
|Died||September 7, 1940
|Known for||Wife of Sir Robert Borden|
She was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, to a local hardware merchant, and she married Borden in September 1889. She served as president of the Local Council of Women of Halifax until her resignation in 1901.
- Statistics Canada (1901), Fourth Census of Canada (jpg), Ward 3, 33 District, Halifax, NS: Library and Archives Canada, p. 21, retrieved December 1, 2014
- "Lady Laura Borden Passes in Ottawa". Edmonton Journal. September 7, 1940. p. 1. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- Brown, Robert Craig (2016). "Borden, Sir Robert Laird". In Cook, Ramsay; Bélanger, Réal. Dictionary of Canadian Biography. XVI (1931–1940) (online ed.). University of Toronto Press.
- Morgan, Henry James, ed. (1903). "Mrs. Borden". Types of Canadian women and of women who are or have been connected with Canada. 1. Toronto: W. Briggs. p. 33. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- "Borden Home Historic Site". Ottawa Citizen. June 7, 1961. p. 7. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
|This biography of a person who has held a non-elected position in the Government of Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|