This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Laura Chislett, also known as Laura Chislett Jones, is an Australian flute player, known for performing contemporary repertoire such as Brian Ferneyhough's 'Unity Capsule', James Dillon's 'Sgothan', Michael Finnissy's 'Sikangnuqa, Reza Vali's 'Song', Maurice Weddington's 'Deovolente', and unusual late-Romantic repertoire.
Her performances include recitals and/or masterclasses in Australia, Ireland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Thailand and the USA. She has performed as a guest soloist with orchestra/ensemble at major festivals, including the Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival, the Sydney Spring Festival, Insel Musik Berlin, the Pittsburgh International Music Festival and with the Australian Chamber Orchestra performing Michael Smetanin's flute concerto, Shakhmat/supremat.
Solo or duo
- the flute ascendant... (VAST 007-2) 1992, Vox Australis.
- Chris Dench: Music for Flute (ETC 1146) 1993, Etcetera Records, Holland
- Flute Impressions with David Miller, piano, (WAL 8018-2 CD) 1994, Walsingham Classics.
- The Flute In Orbit with Stephanie McCallum, piano, (ABC 446 738-2) 1995, ABC Classics
- Flute Vox with Stephanie McCallum, piano, licensed to ABC Commercial
- Kraanerg by Iannis Xenakis (KTC 1075) Etcetera Records, conducted by Roger Woodward
- Strange Attractions, Sydney Alpha Ensemble (ABC 4565372) 1997 ABC Classics
- Against The Wind (album), Original Soundtrack by Jon English and Mario Millo, Redmoon Music RED06-009
- Chris Dench: 'Sulle scale della Fenice' on Perspectives of New Music (PNM 29)1991, USA
- Richard Karpen: 'Exchange' for flute and tape on Le Chant du monde, cultures electroniques/2, 1987, France
- Chris Dench: 'De/ploye' and Phillipe Durville: 'After Effect' on Fonit Cetra (CDC 45) 1989, Italy
- Jane O'Leary: 'Duo for alto flute and Guitar' with John Feeley, Overture Music 30, Ireland, 2010
"A Performer's Notebook" in Perspectives of New Music number 29B, published by the University of Washington, Seattle, USA.
"Flute Impressions:Romantic Music for Flute and Piano. Laura Chislett, flute; David Miller, piano" in 'Fanfare' July/August 1995, USA
VAST 007 (The Flute Ascendant), in 'Fanfare' p. 99, May 1993, USA