Laura Donnelly (actress)
20 August 1982 |
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Laura Donnelly (born 20 August 1982) is an actress from Northern Ireland. She made her on-screen debut in 2005 in the Channel 4 drama Sugar Rush, where she featured as a love interest of the female protagonist in two episodes. She is also known for appearing in Casualty, Hex, and as a main character in the Irish film Insatiable (2008). She also starred in Best: His Mother's Son, a BBC drama on the life of George Best, playing Best's sister, Barbara. She starred in Jez Butterworth's new play, The River at the Royal Court Theatre, alongside Dominic West and Miranda Raison. She reprised her role in the Broadway production alongside Hugh Jackman.
Donnelly attended Rathmore Grammar School in Belfast, where she grew up. She then moved to Glasgow to study at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. After graduating in 2004, she had a series of roles in the theatre in Ireland and Scotland before moving to London, where her career in television began.
|Right Hand Drive||Ashley|
|Best: His Mother's Son||Barbara Best||TV film|
|2014||Heart of Lightness||Ellida|
|2005||Sugar Rush||Beth||Episode: "Episode 1.8
Episode: "Episode 1.9
|Casualty||Fleur Butler||7 episodes|
|Hex||Maya Robertson||4 episodes|
|2006||The Bill||Jody Macmillan||1 episode|
|2007||Rough Diamond||Aoife||1 episode|
|2009||Occupation||Katy Hibbs||2 episodes|
|Merlin||Freya||Episode: "The Lady of the Lake
Episode: "The Coming of Arthur: Part 2
|2013||The Fall||Sarah Kay|
|2014—present||Outlander||Janet Fraser Murray (Jenny)|
- Romeo and Juliet, Open Air Theatre at Regents Park, June 2008 to August 2008 (playing Juliet)
- The River, Royal Court Theatre, October - November 2012
- The River, Circle in the Square, October 2014 - February 2015
- "Laura Donnelly Twitter".
- Maureen Coleman (29 June 2005). "Laura couldn't be without her No 1 fan". Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 28 April 2008.
- Maeve Quigley (31 July 2005). "Being cast as a lesbian is a Laura fan". Sunday Mirror. Retrieved 28 April 2008.
- "ProfileLaura". righthanddrivemovie.com. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- Coleman, Maureen (20 November 2014). "Does The Fall degrade women? No, says Laura, who played Spector's first victim - it's given them a sexy, powerful role model in Stella". BelfastTelegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- Coleman, Maureen (29 June 2007). "Laura couldn't be without her No 1 fan". Belfast Telegraph. Archived from the original on 4 January 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2015.
- The Stage / Reviews / Romeo and Juliet www.thestage.co.uk[dead link]