Garza ran as the Socialist Workers Party candidate for Vice President in 1996. She and running mate James Harris received 8,463 votes. She was the 2006 SWP candidate for Congress in Massachusetts's 8th congressional district, which includes Cambridge, Chelsea, Somerville and about three quarters of Boston. She was the sole challenger to Democratic incumbent Mike Capuano, to whom she lost, receiving 12,390 votes, 9% of the total.
- Massachusetts general election, 2006
- Massachusetts congressional elections, 2006
- United States presidential election, 1996
- Ted Leonard, "Socialist candidates in Massachusetts: U.S. hands off Cuba!", The Militant 70(33), 4 September 2006.
- James Harris and Laura Garza, "'Anti-Terrorist' Measures Aimed At Working Class", The Militant 69(20), 19 August 1996.
|Party political offices|
Willie Mae Reid
|Socialist Workers Party nominee for
Vice President of the United States
|This article about a Massachusetts politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|