Haddock in 2015.
|Born||Laura Jane Haddock
21 August 1985
Enfield, London, England,
|Spouse(s)||Sam Claflin (m. 2013)|
Laura Jane Haddock (born 21 August 1985) is an English actress. She is best known for portraying Kacie Carter in Honest, Lucrezia in Da Vinci's Demons, Meredith Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy and its sequel Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alison in The Inbetweeners Movie and Viviane Wembly in Transformers: The Last Knight.
Born in Enfield, London and raised in Harpenden, Hertfordshire (where she attended St George's School), She left school at the age of 17 and moved to London to study drama. She trained at Arts Educational School in Chiswick.
Haddock made her television debut in the television pilot Plus One, part of the Comedy Showcase 2008. Her other television credits include The Palace, My Family, The Colour of Magic, Marple: A Pocket Full of Rye and Honest, playing the lead role of Kacie Carter. She also appeared in the pilot episode of Life Is Wild, the American version of Wild at Heart. She also starred in adverts for dot tel. Haddock played the lead role of Natasha in the ITV1 comedy drama Monday Monday, and appears in series two and three of How Not to Live Your Life, replacing previous female lead Sinéad Moynihan.
In 2011, she appeared in the Cinemax/Sky TV drama Strike Back: Project Dawn for two episodes playing the kidnapped daughter of an illegal arms dealer. She starred as Lucrezia Donati, the mistress of Lorenzo de' Medici and lover of Leonardo da Vinci in the 2013 series Da Vinci's Demons. Haddock's theatre credits include Famous Last, which formed part of the 2009 Sky Arts Theatre Live! project, and Rutherford & Son at Northern Stage. In 2014, she portrayed Meredith Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy, a role she reprised in its 2017 sequel Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. She appears in the ITV series, The Level, and played Vivian Wembley in the Michael Bay film Transformers: The Last Knight, which was released on 21 June 2017.
Haddock married actor Sam Claflin in July 2013 after dating for two years. On 5 November 2015, at The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 London premiere, it was revealed that Claflin and Haddock were expecting their first child. Haddock gave birth to their child, a son Pip, on 10 December 2015.
In October 2017 Haddock and Claflin announced they were expecting their second child.
|2011||Captain America: The First Avenger||Fangirl||Credit as Autograph Seeker|
|2011||The Inbetweeners Movie||Alison||Nominated – Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer|
|2012||House Cocktail||The Beautiful||Short film|
|2014||Guardians of the Galaxy||Meredith Quill|
|2014||A Wonderful Christmas Time||Cherie|
|2017||Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2||Meredith Quill|
|2017||Transformers: The Last Knight||Viviane Wembly|
|2007||My Family||Melanie||Episode: "Life Begins at Fifty"|
|2007||Comedy Showcase||Nicky||Episode: "Plus One"|
|2007||The Colour of Magic||Bethan||Television film|
|2008||Marple: A Pocket Full of Rye||Miss Grosvenor||Television film|
|2008||The Palace||Lady Arabella Worthesley Wolsey||2 episodes|
|2009–2011||How Not to Live Your Life||Samantha|
|2011||Strike Back: Project Dawn||Dr. Clare Somersby||2 episodes|
|2011||Rage of the Yeti||Ashley||Television film|
|2012||Upstairs Downstairs||Beryl Ballard|
|2012||Missing||Susan Grantham||2 episodes|
|2013||Dancing on the Edge||Josephine||Episode: "Interviewing Louis"|
|2014||Ripper Street||Lady Vera||Episode 6: "The Incontrovertible Truth"|
|2013–2015||Da Vinci's Demons||Lucrezia Donati|
|2015||Luther||Megan Cantor||2 episodes|
|2016||The Level||Hayley Svrcek|
|2009||Famous Last||Treena||Orange Tree Theatre|
|2009||Rutherford and Son||Mary||Northern Stage|
|2010||Old Jimmy's Daughter||Billy||The Great Theatre of Holland|
Awards and nominations
|2012||Empire Awards||Best Female Newcomer||The Inbetweeners Movie||Nominated|
|2014||Detroit Film Critics Society||Best Ensemble||Guardians of the Galaxy||Won|
|2014||Nevada Film Critics Society||Best Ensemble Cast||Guardians of the Galaxy||Won|
|2014||Phoenix Film Critics Society||Best Ensemble Acting||Guardians of the Galaxy||Nominated|
|2015||Central Ohio Film Critics Association||Best Ensemble||Guardians of the Galaxy||Nominated|
|2016||Critics' Choice Television Awards||Best Supporting Actress in a Movie or Miniseries||Luther||Nominated|
- Barham, Alexandra (18 March 2008). "Magical chance for actress". Times Series. Retrieved 28 September 2009.
- Wilde, Jon (7 March 2008). "What a catch: How a girl called Laura Haddock is becoming a very big fish indeed". Daily Mail. Retrieved 13 August 2009.
- "Food: Laura Haddock and Eleanor Wylde". OK!. 29 January 2008. Retrieved 13 August 2009.
- "Monday Monday Press Pack" (PDF). ITV / Talkback Thames. Retrieved 13 August 2009.
- "Da Vinci's Demons – A STARZ Original Series – CasIt". Starz.com. 28 November 2012. Archived from the original on 3 April 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (27 March 2012). "Starz's 'Da Vinci's Demons' Casts British Actress as its Leading Lady". The Hollywood Reporter. In 2014 Haddock starred in the movie A Wonderful Christmas Time}
- Sky Arts – Sky Arts Theatre Live! – The Plays Archived 8 July 2009 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved 13 August 2009.
- Blagden, Jane (5 August 2009). "North East Premiere for Rutherford & Son". What's on Stage. Retrieved 13 August 2009.
- "Sam Claflin: "I'm very gentlemanly"". Yahoo. 30 May 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- Becky Freeth (5 November 2015). "The Hunger Games' Sam Claflin reveals he's expecting his first child as he coos over pregnant wife Laura Haddock at Mockingjay – Part 2 premiere". Daily Mail. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Sam Claflin and Laura Haddock Welcome First Child, a son named Pip". People. 20 January 2016. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "'The Musketeers' Series 3 Episode 1 Release Date, Set Photos; New Cast, Characters Joining in 2016". International Business Times. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Laura Haddock.|