Harrier at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival.
Laura Ruth Harrier
March 28, 1990
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||William Esper Studio|
Laura Ruth Harrier (born March 28, 1990) is an American actress and model. Harrier was first recognized for her portrayal of Destiny Evans in the short-lived reboot of the American soap opera One Life to Live in 2013. In 2017, she made her major film debut portraying Liz Allan in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Harrier was born March 28, 1990 in Chicago, Illinois, and was raised in Evanston, Illinois. She is biracial. She attended Evanston Township High School from 2004-2008. Her father works in insurance and her mother is a speech pathologist. She has one younger brother.
Harrier left home for New York at age 18 to attend the New York University Gallatin School of Individualized Study. Upon arrival, Harrier fell into modeling and deferred enrollment to the university. Modeling was not a job that Harrier intended to do for long. Eventually, she decided that she wanted to pursue acting and attended William Esper Studio acting school in New York City.
Harrier had her major film debut playing Peter Parker's one-time love interest Liz Allan in Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017). In June 2017, it was announced that Harrier would be portraying Millie Montag in HBO's film adaptation of acclaimed novel Fahrenheit 451, opposite Michael B. Jordan; however, she was later cut from the film. Harrier co-starred as a civil rights activist in the thriller film BlacKkKlansman (2018), opposite John David Washington, Adam Driver, and Topher Grace.
Modelling and fashion
In 2016, Harrier starred in "The Realest Real", a short film for luxury French fashion brand Kenzo directed by Carrie Brownstein. Harrier is currently part of Calvin Klein and Louis Vuitton campaigns and is an ambassador for luxury Italian jewelry brand Bvlgari.
Film and TV
|2013||One Life to Live||Destiny Evans||43 episodes|
|The Last Five Years||Manuscript Woman|
|2015||4th Man Out||Dorothy Cuda|
|2016||The Realest Real||Abby||Short film|
|2017||Spider-Man: Homecoming||Liz Allan|
|2018||Fahrenheit 451||Millie Montag||Deleted scenes|
|2019||Balance, Not Symmetry||Shirley-Caitlin Walker|
- "Laura Harrier, star of 'Spiderman: Homecoming' returns to Chicago". WLS-TV. June 21, 2017.
- Chang, Mahalia (July 3, 2017). "Everything You Need To Know About ‘Spider-Man’ Babe, Laura Harrier". Elle.
- Laura Harrier confirmed in July 2017 in an interview with Total Film that the character goes by her mother's maiden name "Allan" within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and that the character would become Firestar in a future film.
- Anderson, Ethan (July 25, 2016). "Spider-Man Homecoming Characters Revealed". /Film.
- Geier, Thom (April 15, 2016). "'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Casts Laura Harrier From 'One Life to Live' (Exclusive)". TheWrap.
- Kroll, Justin (April 16, 2016). "Tony Revolori and Laura Harrier Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'". Variety.
- Weatherford, Ashley (July 5, 2017). "Laughing and Crying With Laura Harrier, the New Star of Spider-Man". The Cut.
- Ortved, John (June 14, 2016). "Laura Harrier". Interview.
- Petski, Denise (June 2017). "'Fahrenheit 451': Laura Harrier Cast As Millie In HBO Movie". Deadline Hollywood.
- Pond, Steve (May 9, 2018). "'BlacKkKlansman' Star Laura Harrier on Going From Spider-Man's Homecoming to Cannes Red Carpet". The Wrap. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (25 October 2017). "Adam Driver Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- Grater, Tom (October 5, 2018). "Laura Harrier, Bria Vinaite, Lily Newmark board 'Balance, Not Symmetry' with Biffy Clyro (exclusive)". Screen International. Retrieved December 30, 2018.
- "Basel World". Bulgari. Retrieved July 9, 2017.
- Eckardt, Stephanie (2017 June). "Laura Harrier Isn't in Spider-Man: Homecoming Just to Look Pretty for Peter Parker", W. retrieved from https://www.wmagazine.com