|Birth name||Laura Imbruglia|
|Born||15 June 1983|
|Genres||Indie rock, Alternative rock|
Early life and family
Laura's father is an Italian of Sicilian heritage and her mother Anglo-Australian. She grew up on the Central Coast. Laura is the youngest in her family; one of her sisters is pop-alternative singer and actress Natalie Imbruglia. Laura has insisted on maintaining her musical career independent of her famous sibling.
Imbruglia has released a single, EP and 2 albums independently through her own label Ready Freddie Records. Her debut album was released through Chatterbox Records/MGM, Silversonic Records (DE) and Strange Ears (DK). She was featured on jtv, where "Looking for a Rabbit" was voted #2 music video of the year in 2007, and MTV Australia and performed at the 2002 Homebake festival. She has appeared on the television drama series Crash Palace. Laura toured Europe in late 2007 and March 2008 to promote her self-titled album, including dates in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark and the UK.
She is currently based in Melbourne.
- It Makes a Crunchy Noise (2003) - EP
- "My Dream of a Magical Washing Machine" (2005) - single
- Laura Imbruglia (2006) - album
- The Lighter Side of... (2010) - album
- What A Treat (2013) - album
- "Factfile". Laura Imbruglia (official website). Archived from the original on 2007-08-27. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- Hornery, Andrew (19 May 2006). "Stardom looms but don't mention the other S word". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- "60 Second Spotlight: Laura Imbruglia". jtv. 17 November 2006. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- MTV Live, 12 June 2007.
- "Imbruglia No2 in TV debut.". Australasian Business Intelligence. 2 August 2001. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
|This article on an Australian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|