|Birth name||Laura Jean Englert|
|Origin||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Labels||Unstable Ape/Stomp (2003-2007)
Scotland Yard/Shock/Y2 (2007-2010)
Laura Jean Englert is an Australian musician from Melbourne, Victoria who performs as Laura Jean. She is known for her classically inspired folk songs, often using a range of orchestral instruments. She garnered much critical acclaim for her debut album, Our Swan Song, receiving high rotational support from community and alternative radio stations such as Triple J. She received high exposure when Snow Patrol, fans of her, asked her to sing Martha Wainwright's part in the song Set the Fire to the Third Bar during their two Australian tours in 2007. Her second album, Eden Land, was released on 1 March 2008 in Australia. In August, Laura Jean was invited by Deborah Conway to take part in the Broad Festival project, which toured major Australian cities including performing at the Sydney Opera House. With Laura Jean and Conway were Elana Stone, Liz Stringer and Dianna Corcoran – they performed their own and each other's songs.
- The Hunter's Ode - Unstable Ape (LJ001) (November 2003)
- I'm a Rabbit, I'm a Fox - Unstable Ape (UAR045)(7 November 2005)
- Our Swan Song - Unstable Ape (UAR046) (1 May 2006)
- Eden Land - Scotland Yard (SY004) (1 March 2008)
- A Fool Who'll - Chapter (CH78) (2 September 2011)
- Laura Jean - Chapter (2 September 2014)
Tracks on compilation albums
- "I'm a Rabbit, I'm a Fox" featured on Triple J - Home and Hosed (Volume 4) (2006)
- "It's Supposed to be Summer" featured on Various - Acoustic 2 (2006)
- "APRA search engine". APRA. Retrieved 2008-08-05.[dead link] Note: search result for song title IM A RABBIT IM A FOX
- Zuel, Usic Bernard (2008-06-28). "Songs of change". Brisbane Times. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- Elliott, Tim (19 August 2008). "Lady's Night at the Beckoning Microphone". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- "Broad 2008". Broad Festival. Archived from the original on 11 May 2011. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- "Triple R - Melbourne Independent Radio - 102.7FM > Music> Album of the Week". Rrr.org.au. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Timothy Monger. "Laura Jean - Laura Jean - Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved 19 October 2014.