|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
Kinsale has a Master of Science in Geology from the University of Texas at Austin. She worked in the petroleum industry before beginning to write. Now, she is a winner and multiple nominee for the Best Book of the Year award given by the Romance Writers of America.
She once characterized the oft-derided happy ending in romance novels as an "integration of the inner self."
Kinsale is the creator of Hedgehog Inc., which publishes audiobooks written by Kinsale and other authors, narrated by Nicholas Boulton and produced by The Story Circle, London. Several of the audiobooks released by Hedgehog Inc have been winners or nominees for AudioFile Earphones Awards.
- The Prince of Midnight: 1991 Rita Awards Best Novel winner
- Shadowheart: 2005 Rita Awards Best Historical Novel winner
- Midsummer Moon: 2013 Audiofile Magazine Earphones Award, Best Voices, Fiction and Classics
- My Sweet Folly: 2013 Audiofile Magazine Earphones Award, Best Voices, Fiction and Classics
- The Shadow and the Star: 2013 Audiofile Magazine Earphones Award, Best Voices, Fiction and Classics 
- For My Lady’s Heart: by Laura Kinsale; Narrated by Nicholas Boulton; Hedgehog, Inc.; Audio Publishers Association, 2014 Best Romance Finalist 
- Uncertain Magic, (1987/Mar)
- Midsummer Moon, (1987/Nov)
- Seize the Fire, (1989/Oct)
- The Prince of Midnight, (1990/Oct)
- Flowers From the Storm, (1992/Oct)
- The Dream Hunter, (1994/Dec)
- My Sweet Folly, (1997/Jan)
- Lessons in French, (2010/Feb)
Victorian Hearts Series
- The Hidden Heart, (1986/Apr)
- The Shadow and the Star, (1991/Oct)
Medieval Hearts Series
- For My Lady's Heart, (1993/Dec)
- Shadowheart, (2004/Apr)
- Regis, Pamela (2013). A Natural History of the Romance Novel. University of Pennsylvania Press. pp. Location 1376. ISBN 0812233034.
- "HEDGEHOGINC.COM". www.hedgehoginc.com. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "AudioFile: 20 20 - The Year in Audiobooks 2013". digital.audiofilemagazine.com. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "APA - Audio Publishers Association - the voice of the audiobook industry - Audies". www.audiopub.org. Archived from the original on 2016-03-17. Retrieved 2016-04-06.