|Born||Laura Ellen Kirk
A graduate of the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas, Kirk made her film debut in At First Sight, opposite Val Kilmer and Mira Sorvino. In 2000, Kirk co-wrote and starred in the comedy film Lisa Picard Is Famous. The film had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival. The film was released in a limited release on August 22, 2001.
Kirk earned the award for Best Actress at the Newport Beach Film Festival and a nomination for Best Actress at the Milano International Film Festival for her portrayal of Kelly Conrad in the 2014 drama The Sublime and Beautiful.
Since 2010, Kirk has served on the faculty of the University of Kansas in the Film and Media Department.
- At First Sight (1999) as Betsy Ernst
- Lisa Picard is Famous (2000) as Lisa Picard
- The Time Machine (2002) as Flower Seller
- Murder Without Conviction (2004) as Alberta Talley
- A Boyfriend for Christmas (2004) as Shelia Denning
- Bunker Hill (2008) as Hallie
- The Only Good Indian (2009) as Miss Harris
- The Sublime and Beautiful (2014) as Kelly Conrad
- American Honey (2016) as Laura
- Kaberline, Carolyn (May 4, 2008). "Extraordinary People: Lecompton native finds her role". CJ Online. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- "Lisa Picard is Famous". Entertainment Weekly. September 13, 2001. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- J. Near, Mitchell (August 30, 2001). "Laura Kirk is almost 'Famous'". LJ World. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Holden, Stephen (August 22, 2001). "FILM REVIEW; Trying to Make It There So They Can Make It Anywhere". New York Times. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Niccum, Jon (October 9, 2016). "How 'American Honey' and Shia LaBeouf came to Mission Hills". Kansas City Star. Retrieved February 11, 2017.